Apache window?

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
snobba

Apache window?

Post by snobba »

Hi,

I am running all my phpwcms presites on my devserver (IB-server) that works great..But when I start apache the ms-dos window stays in the bottombalk of windows..How can I get it to go to the tray?? Some simple solution for this?

Might help to tell you that I'm running it on a WIN98-SE system..

Thanks,

Greetings from Martin
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

I'd suggest starting it thru a VBS-file. UniServer is (well, can be anyway) started this way. (This HIDES the console command window, it doesn't tray it!)

Try making an example.vbs:

Code: Select all

Dim WSHShell, dir, fso, f1
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WSHShell.run "drive:\path\application.exe",0,0
'could be: 
'WSHShell.run "w:\usr\local\mysql\bin\mysqld-opt.exe --defaults-file=my-small.cnf",0,0
'to run MySQL hidden, as an example :)
To know if your server's running and online and all, you could use a small application like HostControl. My PC starts like this with first Apache, wait 5 sec to give it time to start, start MySQL, wait another 5, start HostControl. Works great.
snobba

Post by snobba »

Hey, great AlleyKat!

I'll try this when I get home!

Hope it will work for me because it is so irritating with this window always open..

Greetings from Martin
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Actually I think HostControl has a setting for hiding them in the new version, might be worth checking out too.
snobba

Post by snobba »

Your code did it for me though! Just had to tweek it a bit..!

/ Martin