Problems with Dev 1.2

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
jeremyl1

Problems with Dev 1.2

Post by jeremyl1 »

I just installed dev release 1.2 and have encountered a few problems.

First, I had the same problems installing, change database settings etc., that a few others have posted here. After install I am able to login to the backend but I cannot change the name of the root of the site structure from Startseite. Also, I can create an article, but I am then given a blank screen. I cannot put in any of the details or select any content areas. No matter what I do I cannot access the article details. One more thing, when I login to the backend I don't see the phpwcms Copyright info. This is blank as well.

thanks,
j
rushclub

Re: Problems with Dev 1.2

Post by rushclub »

jeremyl1 wrote:but I cannot change the name of the root of the site structure from Startseite.
chmod the index.php as described at the docu site.

cheers
rush
3 (!) Jahre warten reichen mir. Ich bin erst mal weg.
gogoguerilla

Post by gogoguerilla »

This is the error:
Warning: fopen(/home/virtual/--path to phpwcms--/config/phpwcms/conf.indexpage.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/--path to phpwcms--/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/--path to phpwcms--/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php:680) in /home/virtual/--path to phpwcms--/include/inc_act/act_structure.php on line 264
I have chmod'd all according to phpwcms-docu & index.php is 777
boarderliner

it works

Post by boarderliner »

file: include/inc_lib/default.inc.php
line 37

replace:
$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT'] = str_replace('/'.$phpwcms["root"].'include/inc_lib/default.inc.php', '', $phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']);

with:
$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT'] = str_replace('/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php', '', $phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']);

do not CHMOD "phpwcms_template" "666"
instead CHMOD it "755"

it works!
melek

Re: it works

Post by melek »

I am having the missing content-editor problem on a totally new installation of 1.2.1-DEV (Even a new database). I tried following Boarderliner's advice;
boarderliner wrote:file: include/inc_lib/default.inc.php - line 37

1. replace:
$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT'] = str_replace('/'.$phpwcms["root"].'include/inc_lib/default.inc.php', '', $phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']);

with:
$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT'] = str_replace('/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php', '', $phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']);

2. do not CHMOD "phpwcms_template" "666"
instead CHMOD it "755"
it works!
:( It doesn't work.
Remark:
This line was Commented Out ( //str... ) in the 1.2.1-DEV folder I downloaded and installed:

I still tried to replace it and remove the comment marker. (I was a little desperate, and even tried it with the comment marker ;) ). Neither worked.

About the CHMOD suggestion, I already have changed this permission (I needed to to succesfully install), and it still doesn't work. :( I just get the backend page with a blank content section when I try to edit an article, or after I submit a new article summary.

Note: I tried enabling the error_reporting(E_ALL); line, and still recieved no errors (Although, unrelatedly, I have gotten a warning on the 'view image' page).

Should I put this in as a 'bug'? Help!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

seems you have a general path problem. Or: JavaScript problems/blocker. This can effect your WYSIWYG editor.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Jens*

Post by Jens* »

ok.. was my error

question - del :-)

:lol: :!:
melek

What should I do?

Post by melek »

I did have a successfully working install of 1.1.9-DEV on the same host with the same settings, and all of the WYSIWYG editors seemed to function; additionally, the editor for the Summary page works very well.

'General Path Problem' - How do I go about resolving this? I've hunted these forums awhile, but can't seem to find a solution. If somebody can link me to a pertinent post that already addresses it, or otherwise help me, I would be very grateful.

To be sure I'm not leaving anything out, here is an unnecesarrily in depth explanation of my situation:
My installation is precisely as the downloaded 1.2.1-DEV Package is downloaded, and then installed. I have deleted the Setup folder, all bars were green, and have found no other errors sofar - simply that after I declare the first steps of article creation (title/summary), I never reach the next phase (choosing plain text/text with picture/code/etc); all I get is the navigation menus at the top and side of the backweb like normal, and a sadly blank content area. I have tried the fixes for other people with this problem, but they haven't worked.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

try to use another wysiwyg editor first. What editor do you use? Is there an entry in your PHP error log? Screenshot? Which system, what browser? Give information. Saying it does not work isn't enough.

As I can remember there was no change for WYSIWYG editor from 1.1.9 to 1.2.1

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

all I get is the navigation menus at the top and side of the backweb like normal, and a sadly blank content area. I have tried the fixes for other people with this problem, but they haven't worked.
The same thing happened to me after which I realised that paths had changed.

Solution for me : Fill in details in the new conf.inc.php file.

What also worked with 1.2.1 was compression set to 3 and cache timout setting as 14400
Cyrus
kpimichael

Path and Config

Post by kpimichael »

I had some of the same problems as listed in this thread in regard to pathing. The last update by Oliver fixed it for me. Please pay attention to the changed conf.inc file. Also if you have put in a subdirectory you need to add that.. in my case that was cms1
Here are examples from my config file.

Code: Select all

// paths
$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']          = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$phpwcms["root"]              = "cms1";
$phpwcms["file_path"]         = "phpwcms_filestorage";    //default: "phpwcms_filestorage"
$phpwcms["templates"]         = "phpwcms_template";    //default: "phpwcms_template"
$phpwcms["content_path"]      = "content"; //default: "content"
$phpwcms["cimage_path"]       = "images";  //default: "images"
$phpwcms["ftp_path"]          = "phpwcms_ftp";     //default: "phpwcms_ftp"
Hope this helps...
Monz@

Post by Monz@ »

good morning...

as a newbie i've also the same problems. i can login in the backend, but when i try to go to a menu point (admin,...) i've only a blank screen -> no content. i've just upgraded from 1.1 RC4 to 1.21 dev. i've also changed the path value images to img => no result. :cry:

greetings
monz@

ps. really good cms system!!! :D
Monz@

Post by Monz@ »

Here printscreens of the discribed problem:

thanx for answers
monz@
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

if you really use the 1.2.1 there was an upload problem! please reupload all! wich ftp client did you use!?
melek

Post by melek »

You all have been awesome. I'm sorry that either none of these suggestions are working, or I am implementing them improperly. Oliver, I will try my best to illustrate my problem as concisely as possible.

The Error
To get the error, I either try to get past the summary part of an article (The WYSIWYG editor works beautifully, as a side-note), or I click the 'edit article' link from the article admin menu.
(Here are some redundant screenshots to make sure i'm not explaining this too badly)
ImageImage

Either wayI try to change the actual article, I get to the same result, which is a blank screen:

Oliver, to answer your questions:
-The wysiwyg editor seems to work fine, I don't understand phpwcms so naturally I don't know what bearing this has on my problem.
-I do not know how to check my PHP error log, although I can give you my system information (Well, the host's system information):
Register Globals and Safe Mode are both OFF.
-I can reproduce the error on two different winXP machines using Firefox and IE 6.
-I have no clue if this is important, but I uncommented the line " error_reporting(E_ALL); " from default.inc.php earlier, and still haven't seen any errors.

My last resource I can provide is a dummied (DB user/pass, emails, and directories replaced with fake info) copy of my conf.inc.php - I have left it as untouched as possible, I have reversed any changes I have tried and failed to execute (i think). The 'root' directories were correct, and the 'phpwcms' directory is valid; it is in that subdirectory.
Here is the file:
http://www.montsegure.com/melek/forum_s ... nc.php.txt

If I can't fix the problem, I am happy to simply try to reinstall on the next release - 1.1.9 installs beautifully, and I'm sure this won't happen to me with each release I try. It would be nice, however, to figure out what's wrong.

Sorry if I've been unhelpful, I'm trying my best - i'm inexperience with these things :(

Thank you!
-melek