Upgrade Filestorage

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
Lazyl

Upgrade Filestorage

Post by Lazyl »

Hi upgrading the installation to release 1.2.5-DEV works fine except for upgrading the filestorage, i get the following error message:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/b1425/public_html/setup/upgrade_filestorage.php on line 36
TOTAL: ENTRIES
=================================================================

If last line number is < click here

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/b1425/public_html/setup/upgrade_filestorage.php on line 45

I noticed that a lot of people are having the same issue, but haven't seen any solution. Is it possible to do a SQL query and upgrade the filestorage? Need a solution ASAP, willing to pay for installation help.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Probably hasn't been much feedback because it's hard to tell about this part of upgrade, depending on
FROM--> and -->TO versions.
Did you make sure to run each and every .SQL file? If so, were there errors... other than "already exists" ??
Lazyl

Post by Lazyl »

Well, I thoght I did which I obviously didn't since it's working now :oops: . The upgrade instructions are, to say the least, a bit confusing. Oh well it's OK now :D .
DeXXus wrote:Probably hasn't been much feedback because it's hard to tell about this part of upgrade, depending on
FROM--> and -->TO versions.
Did you make sure to run each and every .SQL file? If so, were there errors... other than "already exists" ??
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

hmm, I have the same problem:

Code: Select all

Warning:  mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.feuerwehr-wallern.at/htdocs/setup/upgrade_filestorage.php on line 36

TOTAL:  ENTRIES

If last line number is  <   click here

Warning:  mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.feuerwehr-wallern.at/htdocs/setup/upgrade_filestorage.php on line 45

can you help me, I don't understand your solution???
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

please tell us the name of your last version (From) and the new version (To).

Upgrade from Version 1.xxx To Version 1.2.xxx :?:

We haven´t no crystal ball. :wink:

regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

The upgrade procedure ends with a select box for running various .SQL files to update the database (*this* version to *that* version). You can (should) select *each* -and- *every* filename in the dropdown (one at a time) and let the script run the upgrades to the phpWCMS database (for each .SQL file). Ignore any errors (just for running these .SQL files) and go on to the next! When done... the database *should* have all required elements for correct operation of phpWCMS. :wink:
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

oh, sorry, ok my old version was 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004, now I have the files from 20060427_phpwcms_1.2.6 on my server.

At first I had made a backup of all files and database, then I start with overwrite the old files with the new one. (before I have modified the conf.inc.php). The next step was to start upgrade.php, here I choose the SQL File 27-08-2004 to 1.2.6-DEV but I get so much errors and I tried with the other files (same result).

Afterthen I did UPGRADE ARTICLE CONTENT IMAGE and UPGRADE ARTICLE CONTENT IMAGELIST in phpmyadmin. In the case UPGRADE FILESTORAGE I get this error message:

TOTAL: 291 ENTRIES

If last line number is  < 291  click here

1ERROR(2): daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.meinedomain.at/htdocs/phpwcms_filestorage/1/1_2.jpg -> daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.meinedomain.at/htdocs/phpwcms_filestorage/9b03c8d60e3a69a1202778ba98dd441a.jpg
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Have you create all folders and set the right permissions for files and folders? http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/inst_de.phtml
Second: http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/update_auf_dev.phtml

Verzeichnis phpwcms_ftp 777
Verzeichnis phpwcms_filestorage 777
Verzeichnis phpwcms_filestorage/can_be_deleted 777
Verzeichnis phpwcms_template 777
Verzeichnis content 777
Verzeichnis content/images 777
Verzeichnis content/gt 777
Verzeichnis content/form 777
Verzeichnis content/rss 777
Verzeichnis content/tmp 777
Verzeichnis content/pages 777

Datei setup/setup.conf.inc.php 666
Datei phpwcms_template/inc_css/frontend.css 666
Datei config/phpwcms/conf.indexpage.inc.php 666
Datei phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.php 666
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

yes

(I work with SmartFTP or Filezilla...)
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

If I start http://www.meinedomain.at/login.php I can't login and get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getremoteip() in daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.meinedomain..at/htdocs/login.php on line 165
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Did you upload all files via binary-FTP?? Important for this version. :!: :!:
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

yes, I did it again, same result....btw, how can I check it?
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Please upload again "include/inc_lib/default.inc.php" via binary mode. (File-zilla)

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64516#64516
nukia2

Post by nukia2 »

now:

Parse error: parse error in daten:/usr/vhosts/4AL04/www.meinedomain.at/htdocs/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php on line 94
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I think your FTP-transfer doesn´t work right.

Try Total Commander at http://www.ghisler.com. It is a file manager with an integrated ftp client... :wink:
That works for me.