More link

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
dj_chillerz

More link

Post by dj_chillerz »

I'm still getting to grips with php wcms and have recently upgraded to the latest version 1.2.5

I was recently putting the content into the backend but I noticed that for articles with more than one part to it, eg plain text followed by multemedia and then some more plain text, that all the content appears on the page and that no "more" link is automatically generated.

Is there any way to make a more link appear after the summary?Or any other part of the article?

Thanks

The link is at http://www.subbreed.co.uk/sb
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

more links will only created if you addm ore than one article in one structure! not if you add another contentpart to an existing article!
dj_chillerz

Post by dj_chillerz »

It doesnt work? In the Home section i have 4 articles and under radio i have 2. But still no more link? I have selected the option in the backend...
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

did you edit the top count value!?
dj_chillerz

Post by dj_chillerz »

What is the top count value? And where can i edit it? :shock: :roll:
antonis

Post by antonis »

dj_chillerz wrote:What is the top count value? And where can i edit it? :shock: :roll:
You can find it in the ADMIN section > Site Structure > select "EDIT" on the desired category (structure level) and there you are! Change Article count to your Desired value.
dj_chillerz

Post by dj_chillerz »

Pappnase wrote:hello

did you edit the top count value!?
No I haven't....should I? What difference will it make?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

try it and set it to e.g. 10!
dj_chillerz

Post by dj_chillerz »

It works now! Thanks a lot...setting it to 10 means it will show the top 10 articles within the structure, right?

PS Pappnase, did you get a chance to look at the layout that I emailed to you?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

dj_chillerz wrote:It works now! Thanks a lot...setting it to 10 means it will show the top 10 articles within the structure, right?

PS Pappnase, did you get a chance to look at the layout that I emailed to you?
hello

yes right 10 means ten articles will be showed with an summary in one structure ;-)

sorry i have seen your mail! but last month i work about 265h. i will see hwat i can do this weekend!