Control font colors

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
n1ckn4me

Control font colors

Post by n1ckn4me »

HI all!

How can I modify {NAV_ROW}?

I want my {NAV_ROW} in another color as my default link color.

Thanks in advanced!
ps. tried to find out for myself but I didn't find out how... :roll:
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

check your frontend.css file
adjust your a: default attributes:

a:visited {
color: #0000CC;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:link {
color: #EB002F;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover {
color: #0000CD;
text-decoration: underline;
}
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
n1ckn4me

Post by n1ckn4me »

thanks for the point out!

I was also wondering how I could change the fontcolor of the titles?
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

The best way to find all these classes references that you are looking for in your .css file is...
by looking in your browser's source of the page (ideally Firefox is good at this) and find the wording of a specific title or subtitle etc...
If I recall, in 1.2.5, main titles are tagged as h1. Then... next step is to edit your css files (frontend and print).
:wink:
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
n1ckn4me

Post by n1ckn4me »

Nice thinking StudioZ!

I found out that the "H"tags where all merged...I seperated the "H3" and tadaah..my problem was solved!

thanks again!
goshen

Post by goshen »

This was my question too... The tips were great, but now (in my case) I've got the problem of having three different types of content that all use the same 'class'; which is "a, a:link, a:visited, a:active" right?

For the example, please visit my homepage:
http://www.gkhome.net/index.php?index

There is the {NAV_ROW} tag in the header, the "Link Article" content part, and the {NAV_ROW:12:0} tag in the footer - all seem to refer to the same part of the CSS file. So changing the font colour there changes all the above colours.

What's the method of creating new Classes, or somehow referencing to other colours. I tried using a <font> tag within the Template, but it didn't change the actual link colour.

I've also had a look in "conf.template_default.inc.php"; but nothing made much sense to me there.

Many thanks in advance,
Goshen
http://www.kitepower.com.au/news (phpWCMS v1.1)
http://www.gkhome.net (phpWCMS v1.21 DEV)
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Hi Goshen,

modifying NAV ROW with many classes means messing with the core code... :? or you can use conf.template_default.inc.php to add your own.
but if you want a lot of different classes, you can use {NAV_LIST_TOP:IndexName:ClassName} (see docu site) and use your own classes.

CHeers