Path problem with installation and ccs issue

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
hal

Path problem with installation and ccs issue

Post by hal »

When I installed phpwcms everything was fine except one thing: my "images" folder was not recognized. Although I'm a complete php-dummy I managed to print out the path and also the values the functions in step5.inc.php returned (the "1-2-" numbers shown after the paths).

In the following you see my providers system configuration first and then a part of the results screen after step 5:

system: Linux lux.ionium.org 2.4.20-wolk4.0s-rc3 #7 Tue Mar 18 10:41:32 CET 2003 i686
server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Gentoo/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.14 OpenSSL/0.9.6i PHP/4.3.1
php: v4.3.1
path: /home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite

• Ready to start phpwcms?

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_filestorage1-2- filestorage: phpwcms_filestorage OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_tmp1-2- temporary: phpwcms_tmp OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_template1-2- templates: phpwcms_template OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_list1-2- thumbnail list: thumb_list OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview1-2- preview images: thumb_preview OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/content1-2- frontend content: content OK (exists + writable)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/content/images
    Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for /home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/content/images (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/setup/inc/step5.inc.php on line 27
    0 frontend images: images FALSE (not existing)

/home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_ftp1-2- ftp takeover: phpwcms_ftp OK (exists + writable)
You will probably realise that the path to "images" folder is exactly like the path to "content" folder, which is its parent folder (and recognized correctly).
Of course the "images" folder exists and its permissions are set to 777.

I don't know any further and therefore any help would be greatly appreciated. In the newly created conf.inc.php the default value ("images") is shown - which seems to be correct.

The second issue is, that I do not have any .css files in the dropdown menue to connect to in the "edit template" section of the admin area.
I also get the error:...
  • Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: Stat failed for /home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/phpwcms_template/inc_css/frontend.css (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/finupdivers/htdocs-finupdivers.com/fudsite/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 706
    frontend setup: css data
..when I try to use the "default css" section of the admin area. Of course also here the permissions for frontend.css are set to 777.

Nevertheless I really like phpwcms (provided that I get it running as intended :-))
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Did a solution ever turn out to this?

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_list (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/setup/inc/step5.inc.php on line 26

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/setup/inc/step5.inc.php on line 26

Both folders exist and are 777. Safe_mode on the server is On, Register_globals Off as recommended. PHP 4.3+, latest phpwcms.
Installed in root of site. Above error in step 5 of install, + 'false:not existing' for both folders in 'permissions' list below.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello hal!

i was llloking on your site! and see you have run an very old version of wcms! from last year. please download the newest version of wcms here
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/phpw ... p?download

an then try again!