Templates for content too

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
adriano

Templates for content too

Post by adriano »

I have a small problem with a template: Templates are only for nav structures. If I give one structure level a template which includes a related tag in the right column and I use the top level of this structure for many articles and no more structure levels, then there is not related to show on the first page, means only the Headline I created i.e. "Releated articles" but no related articles, because they show up only with their headlines and summary. When I click to an article, then there the related function is needed and used, i.e. will show the content and to this the related articles.
Fotos von Norddeutschland und der Nordseeküste
Photos of Northern Germany and the North Sea Coast:
http://www.wackernah.net
Spirou

Re: Templates for content too

Post by Spirou »

adriano wrote: ../i.e. "Releated articles" but no related articles, because they show up only with their headlines and summary. When I click to an article, then there the related function is needed and used, i.e. will show the content and to this the related articles.
Dunno if I understood your question but try this:

Maybe it works if you try using a redirect, so that visitors are redirected to a specific article instead of a "template"?
adriano

Post by adriano »

Maybe you see my problem here:

http://www.wackernah.net/phpwcms/index. ... ,0,0,1,0,0

Follow the article-links and you see related is filled but on the link above it is not.
Fotos von Norddeutschland und der Nordseeküste
Photos of Northern Germany and the North Sea Coast:
http://www.wackernah.net
Spirou

Post by Spirou »

Hi Adriano!

Now I understand your problem. The reason is quite simple. index.php is not really an article itself, it just contains instructions for what to extract from the database (eg. listing of articles) since the index page is not an article there is nothing related to it, only articles have this feature. This is a real disadvantage which hopefully will be fixed in a later release.

I hope you understood my explanation. I think the only solution at the moment is to write your own additional code in the default template.

I also would like something similar: listing of all articles in a cathegory, not by keyword but with catID. This would save some time instead of copying the same content parts from articles into each other.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hm - good to know. This is something I have to think about. It is possible to extended this because keywords are always available when articles are listed ;-)
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Spirou

Post by Spirou »