Add event, Glossary, maybe more samples ...

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
ssddgreg

Add event, Glossary, maybe more samples ...

Post by ssddgreg »

Hi,

your forums really looks great! I have many ideas phpwcms could have some additional modules. Here are some suggestions:

ADD EVENT

A user can add an event (Admin user) from FrontEnd to a specific category and the event should be sorted in a table by date of event.

GLOSSARY

There could be a glossary of terms, where Admin users could add multiple comments to a keywords, but usual users can only view and search the keywords.

INTEGRATED SIMPLE CONTACT FORM

I am missing a simple integrated sample contact form that sends a message from an online form to an email address. I had problems with inserting HTML fields with form elements - it was not successful.

EASIER SEARCH INTEGRATION

Missing simpler global search engine - were user does not need to do anything else that just inserting the VARIABLE for the search field, search button, etc. There should be also a CRON function defined, where the search terms would be saved in a MySQL table.

UPLOAD INTERFACE

Missing upload interface for admin users from Front end (maybe linking to the page for uploading with a small link "login" / "admin" etc.).

TEMPLATES

Some more sample templates where users can start with - not only those from phpwcms-doc :)

I am sorry, if I have too many ideas :) This will help a lot!

Greetings,

Dejan :)
Last edited by ssddgreg on Sat 28. May 2005, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
fabiradi

Post by fabiradi »

what do you want? just use the search function and you will find everything. for example:
ADD EVENT
A user can add an event (Admin user) from FrontEnd to a specific category and the event should be sorted in a table by date of event.
have a look at this discussion: An Event Calendar Mod or[MOD.RC4] Event Calendar in the MOD forum.

phpWCMS is the first (good) cms i know which has "built-in" templates. i like the way the table templates are implemented. a css layout cannot be made that simple. it is too specific to use just some kind of generator.
Fabian
ssddgreg

posting my suggestions, nothign else

Post by ssddgreg »

Hi fabiradi,

thank you for your message. I am very sceptical when adding unofficial built-in MODs and when messing up a lot with the source code of the original PHP files.

Anyway, thank you for the link for the Event MOD. I will see what it can do.

Well, if this is a public forum, I think it is the best that users of PHPWCMS express with which elements they work with and what elements are missing. I know, if somthing does not go in a CMS "engine" and it is vital, I mostly switch to other CMS if it is so needed. Different people - different needs and tastes :)

PHPWCMS is a great software and I am really impressed by it!

Thank you for your reply.