phpwcms irc channel

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
Fulvio Romanin

phpwcms irc channel

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

wouldn't it be cool to have an irc channel dedicated to phpwcms discussion and help? i'm here in this forum several times a day, and it'd be cool to meet and talk with other people from this forum too. What do you guys think about this idea??
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

i think it would be fantastic.
how easy is it to setup? it cost money or time?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

t hink it would cost nothing!

but wich client is good!? it's a long time ago that i used irc!

Pappnase
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

i actually use mirc
the only real problem about having a channel is that someone should have a bot up to keep the channel open all the time
otherwise we can just "open" it time by time entering it

....i'd be there all day :)
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

mirc but u get it only as 30 days trail version?
am i wrong!?

pappnase
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

you just have a register reminder after 30 days....no more....
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

ok that should be no problem!

did you now how create there an channel and would the cahnnel saved there?! if yes so create one!*smile* an post it here! :wink:

*installation of mirc finished*

Pappnase
workaholic

Post by workaholic »

Thats sounds nice with the irc channel good idea 8)
frold

Re: phpwcms irc channel

Post by frold »

Fulvio Romanin wrote:wouldn't it be cool to have an irc channel dedicated to phpwcms discussion and help? i'm here in this forum several times a day, and it'd be cool to meet and talk with other people from this forum too. What do you guys think about this idea??
I do not like the idea... when you have a forum you also have a search function. If people get help via irc, the only one who get helped is the one who ask.. in a forum one post can help many people!!
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
brans

Post by brans »

http://chat.cjb.net/phpwcms

irc.mircx.com:6667

#phpwcms

I Think for instance this will do. You won't need no client if you don't have one and the channel is registered by a bot ( chanserv )
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

I see frold's point entirely and would hope that any users maintain a code of conduct that would benefit both phpwcms/forum and the user by having an irc channel.

I would sugest that any issues and conclusions that arise from an irc chat should be posted by the user whom posed the question as thier way of repaying the help they recieved.

this way we all get to help and be helped with the benefit of live chat, we all get to hear of any problems/conclusions by reading them in the forum and we all get to spend 19 hours a day chatting instead of working ;)

in my opinion chat rooms boild down to idle gossip and jokes rather than meaningfull help because it can get very hard to follow instructions in a chatroom especially as not everyone has the time to wait for each step to be followed in real time. It is far more preferable to have this type of help s posted in the forum.