Some problems with images

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Marko

Some problems with images

Post by Marko »

I'm trying to write an article with text/image content. I keep getting this error:
Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/*/html/content/images/1_7_5iCmtHXfNk-300x.jpg' for writing in /*/html/include/inc_lib/ext/hft_image/hft_image.php on line 338

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to output: /*/html/content/images/1_7_5iCmtHXfNk-300x.jpg
file=/*/html/include/inc_lib/ext/hft_image/hft_image.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: getimagesize(/*/html/content/images/1_7_5iCmtHXfNk-300x.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /*/html/include/inc_lib/ext/hft_image/hft_image.php on line 298
This seems to relate to the file permissions, but I haven't experienced any problems with image upload. I'm also 99,9% positive that my permissions have been set correctly. Only thing regarding to my question I found from here was in german (somebody seemed to got same error message after uploading).

Edit: I guess there is a problem with the path which seems to be missing /img/ directory. (html/img/content/...) . Even though I installed with default directories... Where can I fix this?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello marko

first
try the search funktion! :wink:

second
look for the rights of the filestorage folder and the folders in the filstrorage folder. (0777)

Pappnase
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

this one smells like a path issue.

are the thumbs in the correct places?
phpwcms_tmp\thumb_list
AND
phpwcms_tmp\thumb_preview
or any equivalent you may have changed it too?

if not then would you rechack that your paths are actually going where you think they are going.
or paste you inc.conf.php WITHOUT the password/username
Also, your system setup, and physical path to phpwcms root.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Check permissions for "images" and "content" - try to set to 766 both or if this not help 777
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Marko

Post by Marko »

there seems to be a problem with the path. After I added /content/images with proper permission to my root directory it worked fine. Directory /img/ has dropped somehow away. I guess there has to be a bug, because I made an fresh installation with default directories.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Maybe - some uncompression tools (sometimes) don't expand empty folders - and content/images is empty.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Marko

Post by Marko »

Actually that's not my case. At the moment the sciprt is looking for images from /html/content/images folder. This should be /html/img/content/images which is included in default installation package. So folder img is missing from the path of the script... and I have no idea wherefrom I can fix this.

Now I added an extra content/images directory straight under my root-directory which seemed to help. Though I consider this only a temporary solution, as there might be some problems having two different /images/ folders.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

img and content are both 'same level' sub folders or the phpwcms root folder. not nested as I think you are implying.

phpwcms/content/images/...
phpwcms/img/...articles | background | button | date | icons | klap | lines |phpwcms... etc etc.

as you have added the content folder directly under the phpwcms root you are on the right root to fixing this.

have you also the phpwcms_root/img/... too?
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Marko wrote:Actually that's not my case. At the moment the sciprt is looking for images from /html/content/images folder. This should be /html/img/content/images which is included in default installation package. So folder img is missing from the path of the script... and I have no idea wherefrom I can fix this.
Your mistake is in thinking there should be "/img/content/images" (*NO* such path is created in ~MY~ default installation)! :wink:
Marko wrote:Now I added an extra content/images directory straight under my root-directory which seemed to help. Though I consider this only a temporary solution, as there might be some problems having two different /images/ folders.
This ~IS~ correct for *DEFAULT* installation. And should be set to chmod 777 as per original installation directions. :D
(see http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=10,0,0,1,0,0)

Code: Select all

5) DIR   content/images                            777
Marko

Post by Marko »

WOW, my mistake! Tell me like a four year old... Now I got it! :oops:
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

;)