What to do with files / images from V1.1_RC4 ??? [solved]

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Blalo

What to do with files / images from V1.1_RC4 ??? [solved]

Post by Blalo »

Hi all,

I installed 1.2.1-DEV in another subdomain within my domain space, managed to transfer all the data from my (still running) V1.1_RC4 install and my 1.2.1-DEV install is running fine, articles are fine, etc. Except: how do I transfer my files and images to this new install? Upgrade function doesn't solve my problem, actually only makes things worse... What to do?

Thanks!
Bob
Last edited by Blalo on Wed 9. Mar 2005, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

You are meant to put your existing filestorage folder into the new directory BEFORE setup. To me this was also unclear, and I realised it only later.

I made a rough some breakdown here:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35950#35950

Basically, the first screen in the setup has the "start here if you want to upgrade...." link. Clicking this will take you to the next screen which has 3 links at the top. Clicking the first link will sort all your images in the filestorage folder! I guess you could still run this now. You need to run the other two links was ell and copy and paste the results into phpMyadmin.

I'm not sure about whether the phpwcms_tmp needs to be transfered to your new installation directory as well. Maybe someone can answer this. I did it and all worked fine....
Blalo

Post by Blalo »

Thanx... What I did was, I already moved the files from phpwcms_filestorage/1/ to phpwcms_filestorage BEFORE the upgrade process. That's why everything went wrong... When I put all my files back to /1/, installed the database again and then ran the file upgrade process, everything was done correctly... so it works again!