Missing phpwcms_tmp (Resolved)

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
melek

Missing phpwcms_tmp (Resolved)

Post by melek »

I downloaded the most recent 1.1.9 package from sourceforge, and am trying to follow the instructions here:

http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml

Unfortunately, I am stopped immediately at the first step, where I am changing permissions.

My archive is missing the following directories:
> phpwcms_tmp
> phpwcms_filestorage/1...10

The following file is missing:
> phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.html

However, there is the file
> phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.php
whose permissions I set to [startup.html]'s listed '666'.

I am apprehensive to continue until I get some feedback on this. I looked through these forums (albeit briefly), and didn't see quite this problem - I hope I'm not being redundant. I did see some reference to Creating some of these directories, but I'm also not sure about that until I feel clearer on it.

Thanks for reading my post :) I really, really want to start using this with clients if I can get it working.
Last edited by melek on Sat 12. Feb 2005, 14:08, edited 3 times in total.
brans

Post by brans »

Hi melek,
your problem is very well known, simply check
this threat.
Pappnase

Re: Missing phpwcms_tmp

Post by Pappnase »

melek wrote:I downloaded the most recent 1.1.9 package from sourceforge, and am trying to follow the instructions here:

http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml

Unfortunately, I am stopped immediately at the first step, where I am changing permissions.

My archive is missing the following directories:
> phpwcms_tmp
> phpwcms_filestorage/1...10

The following file is missing:
> phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.html

However, there is the file
> phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.php
whose permissions I set to [startup.html]'s listed '666'.

I am apprehensive to continue until I get some feedback on this. I looked through these forums (albeit briefly), and didn't see quite this problem - I hope I'm not being redundant. I did see some reference to Creating some of these directories, but I'm also not sure about that until I feel clearer on it.

Thanks for reading my post :) I really, really want to start using this with clients if I can get it working.

hello

the docu is baesd on the 27_08 version! not the dev. version!
melek

Post by melek »

Thank you, now I understand now that the version I downloaded (1.1.9) is not the version that the install guide talks about, but what am I supposed to do??
Download file below and replace your existing setup folder. I will release a new DEV very soon having it included. With this it's more easy to upgrade to 1.1.9-DEV
http://www.phpwcms.de/support/setup-DEV.zip
What am I meant to do with this, install the older version and then copy these files into a directory? I really do not understand, I'm sorry.

The way this quote is worded, I am supposed to replace my existing setup folder. But this is clearly not the whole program - what am I supposed to do? Can somebody give me the procedure in small steps?

Thanks for your patience :)
brans

Post by brans »

yes you are supposed to download DEV 1.1.9 and replace your hole setup-folder. Then install 1.1.9 again (fresh install!) and everything should be fine.
melek

Post by melek »

I have so far installed nothing, I simply have changed a couple permissions. If you want to give me instructions in German, my brother is fluent and can help me, if this helps you give me step-by-step instructions.

If someone could pretend i have done nothing at all, I would want something that would say:
-Download this
-Do this
-Then download this
-Then do this

If I seem dense, its because I have not done many installs before like this, the closest I have ever gotten is phpBB, which was a long time ago.

I'm sorry :( please help
brans

Post by brans »

ok:

download DEV 1.1.9, unzip to any folder (ex.: MYFOLDER).

download the patch I mentioned above
unzip it to MYFOLDER/setup

upload all content of MYFOLDER to your webserver.

call http://yourdomain.com/setup/setup.php

follow this script and set all the permissions that are required.

if you have any additional question first read:
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/dev_1_x_en.phtml
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

if you use the 1.1.9 and at the end of the setup it will showed red and missing for the tmp folder. don't care and upload the conf.inc.php the tmp folders are not needed anymore!
melek

Thank you guys!

Post by melek »

You guys rock - thank you, I will try these steps tonight, they seem to make sense to me :) I will begin a new thread if I have any new problems. Thank you!

Hope some other newbs can benefit from my confusion :)
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

i have edit the docu for the dev release!
all should be right exept the screenshots! :?
melek

Suggestion

Post by melek »

Pappnase wrote:hello

i have edit the docu for the dev release!
all should be right exept the screenshots! :?
That's totally awesome :) huge help.
On the first installation page you should make some red text like:

This is for installing the 1.1-RC4 package, if you are installing 1.1.x-DEV go to this page for installation instructions.

I think that will help a lot, and keep you from getting this question again when you've already made these instructions :)

I'm impressed, this community is really helpful. Thank you.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

yes this could be something that i can change ;-)