Splitt this forum up in a english and a german part

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
frold

Splitt this forum up in a english and a german part

Post by frold »

Just a request...

Plz, split this forum up, so there is one for german post and english post...
brans

Post by brans »

that would be nice
woschlra

german posts

Post by woschlra »

... genau mein Gedanke!
german posts: das wäre super!
frold

Post by frold »

jahr jahr alles klar!! LOL
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
Syrsa

Post by Syrsa »

To split this user forum into a german and an english version would significantly reduce its use.
Open source and free software are wonderful things but relies on us as users to supply our input, our observations and support to each other and the developers. The number of users active in the support forum connected to the project has a large impact on the succes and speed of the use and development of the product.

We are not that many users of phpwcms yet, and a split would reduce the number of useful forum submissions.

Please, let's stay cool and keep one forum and try to keep it in english.
axelS

Post by axelS »

roger that :)

if anyone needs a translator: i'm bi-lingual (eng/ger)

axelS
John Murdoch (DarkCity): "When was the last time you remember doing something during the day?"
frold

Post by frold »

Syrsa wrote:To split this user forum into a german and an english version would significantly reduce its use.
Open source and free software are wonderful things but relies on us as users to supply our input, our observations and support to each other and the developers. The number of users active in the support forum connected to the project has a large impact on the succes and speed of the use and development of the product.

We are not that many users of phpwcms yet, and a split would reduce the number of useful forum submissions.

Please, let's stay cool and keep one forum and try to keep it in english.
well I was simply talking about making one category for english posts and one for german posts.. I was not talking about making to different support sites... :D
axelS

Post by axelS »

That's what it would effectivly be though. I would suggest that people who don't speak / write english can post it in their language and kindly ask others to translate. Maybe mark their posts with [subject]+(plz translate) or summin like that.

Having different language forums is a good idea, but perhaps a little too early for this project.

axelS
John Murdoch (DarkCity): "When was the last time you remember doing something during the day?"
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

axelS wrote:That's what it would effectivly be though. I would suggest that people who don't speak / write english can post it in their language and kindly ask others to translate. Maybe mark their posts with [subject]+(plz translate) or summin like that.

Having different language forums is a good idea, but perhaps a little too early for this project.

axelS
hello axel

thats an good idea! or the other is that we also without an mark german post's automaticly translate.

Pappnase
axelS

Post by axelS »

Cool as 8)

How would it work though?

axelS
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

how does it work!

i think if somebody sees an german thread and could translate it, he should do it!

pappnase
axelS

Post by axelS »

LOL - OK ;) Just what I meant. Would be interesting for the forum to translate it automatically though.. hmm.. coding challenge :D

axelS
frold

Post by frold »

axelS wrote:LOL - OK ;) Just what I meant. Would be interesting for the forum to translate it automatically though.. hmm.. coding challenge :D

axelS
in phpBB you can install a mod that easily let you translate a topic via babelfish
axelS

Post by axelS »

Wicked! Thanks frold :D

axelS
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

frold wrote:in phpBB you can install a mod that easily let you translate a topic via babelfish
oh no frold

please not bablefish! it's not bad to translate parts! but i would't read complete threads who would be translated by bablefish.

Pappnase