Guestbook / comments approval

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
eglwolf

Guestbook / comments approval

Post by eglwolf »

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13764#13764

I would like the ability to approve the comments before they go live on my site. That will prevent someone from spamming nasty messages on our sites.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

what kind of site do you run that would inccure the wraith of the spam monsters? ;)

I replied to the origonal post to the tune of..
yep!, i like the idea. maybe a checkbox to set the default of any further signings to be hidden/visible.
also hidden/visible icons for each signing too.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Hi pSouper,

i used to do a site for a local charity organisation. The guestbook was spammed with ****-Mailings so I had to shut this one down. :evil:
I definetly would like to have a possibility to set each entry visible or invisible.

cu

Achim
ParaDroid

knquadrat edv + marketing
http://www.knquadrat.de

phpWCMS Dokumentation | Deutsch | English
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

pSouper

Spammers don't really care what kind of site you have, if they can use it they will.

I operate a hosting company so I see it all the time, from customers running different types of formmail scripts that have exploits and allowe spammers to use them.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

a little help might be that you can remove unwanted entries in the backend.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

sorry that i open that thread again! but at an costumer domain there i had a few spam entrys in the guestbook. ok i delete it. but i wasn't inform that there new entry. maybe it would be possibel in the future to get an mail if new entrys added!?
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

personally, I think any site admin would want to review, and approve comments, guestbook entries (especially for company sites) before allowing them to go live to all to read, see ect.

To me it is like allowing someone to graffit your site with whatever they want, and then cleaning it up after the fact.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

eglwolf wrote:personally, I think any site admin would want to review, and approve comments, guestbook entries (especially for company sites) before allowing them to go live to all to read, see ect.

To me it is like allowing someone to graffit your site with whatever they want, and then cleaning it up after the fact.
hello

in one kind you're right! but i have not the time to everyday to surf to every site and look for the guestbook/comment entrys. did you have!? so i would think that is a solution. :wink:
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

Thats what I am saying, when a comment/guestbook entry is made, the system send you the admin an email to tell you. The you just login to the wcms admin and approve or deny it, or edit it.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

i think they can add it without approval. not every visitor is a spammer and if you have a website wich is popular it's to much stress!

maybe now i think both of our ideas is stressful. so other idea! a badwordlist? one cetral for guestbook, commoent and later for the blog.
frold

Post by frold »

Pappnase wrote:i think they can add it without approval. not every visitor is a spammer and if you have a website wich is popular it's to much stress!

maybe now i think both of our ideas is stressful. so other idea! a badwordlist? one cetral for guestbook, commoent and later for the blog.
I agree it will take to much time to visit your guestbook many times a day....

A mail when a new msg arrive would be nice

But what about having a field where you have to put in 3 numbers that are generated every time you reload the page...

If you don´t understand my then look here:
http://phpbb2plus.phpbb2.de/profile.php ... greed=true

check the validation field or anti-robot field --- maybe a light version of that could be used?
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Good idea.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
ganesha

Post by ganesha »

frold wrote:But what about having a field where you have to put in 3 numbers that are generated every time you reload the page...

If you don´t understand my then look here:
http://phpbb2plus.phpbb2.de/profile.php ... greed=true

check the validation field or anti-robot field --- maybe a light version of that could be used?
so? what about this feature?
ganesha

Post by ganesha »

i really need this feature!

how could i help to develop it?
spirelli

Post by spirelli »