work group collaboration, i.e. back-end chat

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
nebenaube

work group collaboration, i.e. back-end chat

Post by nebenaube »

A few hours of research and I haven't discerned the answer... what defect, vulnerabilities or disadvantages conspired to kill the back-end chat feature?
Was it the problem with chat entries languishing in the database? The absence of some clean up functions? Some security issues? Just a whim, or it just didn't work? Will it reappear in 1.4.0? Is there something I can do to help?
juergen

Re: work group collaboration, i.e. back-end chat

Post by juergen »

:D no nothing killed this but Oliver himself .. at this moment I have a chat as modul working, but only with some changes in phpwcms.php. In standalone Version as so called hackfree Module got a problem with cookies / Session ...
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

It was removed because it is old-school and I don't like that anymore.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
update

Post by update »

Well, perhaps the chat itself may be old school, but the message (internal backend mail) is a very handy tool for leaving some messages amongst the admin(s) and / or backend users if there are quite a few of them....
It really would be a pity to see it being deleted - at least it should become a module. I hope that Jürgen will succeed in switching it over to an optional one... some day ;)
PS: perhaps somebody is willing to assist?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

uh... old school as in serial/linear code vs object? I am not sure what you mean( Oliver ). <- not a function call :)

on edit... god he's gonna end up hating me...
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

in general ;-)

But newer release (r275) got it back for those missing it too much...

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Thank you Sir!
update

Post by update »

This is really cool! I hope there will be a possibility to alternatively select the back end users only (i.e. the possibility to browse through and reorder / select), as soon as there is a running user/group/roles/permissions feature out some day - right now it seems to list every user and with some hundred or thousand ones this is a real PITA :lol:
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hey claus,

should we connect to a foundable org to get you a new tent ? I see your new location is :shock: :shock: OUTDOOR :shock: :shock:

I resist to ask why ...
update

Post by update »

You can see me on my google map - right now there is a fireplace only. A tent would be cool, really :lol:
And yes - resist! :shock:
fmaltez

Post by fmaltez »

i only notice that the chat function disappeared when i read this post... :lol: i'm not going to miss it anymore!