error while creating new article content:

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
mshaker

error while creating new article content:

Post by mshaker »

{STATUS_MESSAGE}error while creating new article content: Field 'acontent_files' doesn't have a default value

After saving the article summary, I try to create a content part and the above message appears when saving.
mshaker

Re: error while creating new article content:

Post by mshaker »

I'm a little confused, the post you refer to is for a missing column 'acontent_created'. People having this error migrated from 1.2-->1.3.

I did a new install with 1.3.9. The column is defined in mysql as notnull and it appears it is trying to write a row without a value in this column 'acontent_files'?

Also, my file center can not create a directory either...is the version I'm starting with, "phpwcms_r213", a version I should be using, or is there a more stable version?

I think I answered my own question...I just reinstalled on a clean server, tried to create two articles using the sample temp, and only on article appears. I think the version i'm using is very flakey.
update

Post by update »

mshaker wrote:I think I answered my own question...I just reinstalled on a clean server, tried to create two articles using the sample temp, and only on article appears. I think the version i'm using is very flakey.
There seems to be missed something: try to raise the value "-1" to "99" for example (to be found in BE-admin-structure (eg home...)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
juergen

Post by juergen »

So .. you are right .. this field didn't cry any further..

The deal is to be made around the database... did you upgrade ?
mshaker

Post by mshaker »

When you say "upgrade", what does that mean. I'm starting with a clean server and a database without any tables. I move the phpwcms (from the downloaded zip...phpwcms_r213) files to the web server and run setup.php. The setup runs to completion and I then move the created conf.ini.php to the /config/phpwcms directory. I do not run any upgrade process.
juergen

Post by juergen »

A Windows Server ? IIS ? *guessing*

So there is no upgrade .. this theme can be excluded.....
mshaker

Post by mshaker »

Yes, it's 2003 server running apache 2. Definitely a database problem...I'm not having this problem in the linux environment. I used to mysql to delete all of the rows (had orphans after using the be to delete all articles) from _articlecontent and the problem went away. However it is back today.
juergen

Post by juergen »

You see, there are only two ways to truth ... the first was ending, but this you should ask Oliver for support, I did IIS for (at all) 4 hours in my life, which is not toooo much compared with LAMPS ...hrk.. feels like 3 Million hours ;)
mshaker

Post by mshaker »

Got around the problem by changing the _articlecontent table DDL from setting TEXT and MEDTEXT from NOT NULL to NULL. Strange problem as mysql (WIN2003) allowed inserting some rows into the table when these datatypes had NULL values...then for no reason decided to not allow in inserting, which was causing my problem. The LINUX server has had no issues.

Anyway, it's a hack but it's working for now. Thanks for all your help!!!