Upgrading phpwcms but moving directories

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
kalilj

Upgrading phpwcms but moving directories

Post by kalilj »

I've been asked by a friend to help them upgrade their phpwcms v1 install (I know, I know, but that's what his webhost's fantastico offers him.) Doing a straight upgrade seems fairly simple but he wants to move his installation from foobar.com/ (i.e. the top level directory) to foobar.com/newdirectory.

Is it really as simple as installing 1.3.3 into /newdirectory and then attaching the database original SQL database through config.inc.php and then following the database updates as detailed in Step 4 onwards here (http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/upgrade_RC11 ... _13x.phtml) or is it going to be more complicated than that?
Jensensen

Re: Upgrading phpwcms but moving directories

Post by Jensensen »

kalilj wrote:...wants to move his installation from foobar.com/ (i.e. the top level directory) to foobar.com/newdirectory...
it's that easy like:
edit your /config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php

Code: Select all

// site values
    $phpwcms['site']         = 'http://www.foobar.com/';

// paths
    $phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']     = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];// real DOC_ROOT seems to be: /www/htdocs/something/root_public/...
    $phpwcms['root']         = 'newdirectory'; //default: ''
or http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16885
[vice versa == > not --> up --> but --> down --> one level]

and don't forget to --> move ALL files/folders --> to 'newdirectory'
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
kalilj

Post by kalilj »

Because he's currently still on a 1.1 install of the system I'll still need to do the step by step update of the SQL databases, correct?
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hi there

there are some directories that will change.... I do not know exactly, but these /1, /2 ..../10 dir#s in content need to be removed
kalilj

Post by kalilj »

Thank you everyone for your help so far. Unfortunately I'm having a bit of trouble. I've copied over all the files, updated the files that needed updating etc but when I try to run index.php to start upgrading the MySQL I'm getting the following error message:

Warning: require(/home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/include/inc_ext/Openads/Openads_function.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php on line 66

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/include/inc_ext/Openads/Openads_function.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php on line 66
Now I can see where the problem is. The required is trying to open SUBDOMAIN/include but the actual file path is SUBDOMAIN/V3/include
However, I don't know where I am supposed to change this. Can anyone help?

ETA: Sorted it. I'd forgotten to pop my subdirectory name onto the ROOT line of the config file.
update

Post by update »

paths are set in conf.inc.php
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
kalilj

Post by kalilj »

Ran the set up, upgraded my database everything seems to be working fine.

However, when I go to log in it now doesn't recognise either my original login/password or the default username/password.
update

Post by update »

is the new conf.inc.php with all new features and (old) settings in its right place? Also have a look at dist.conf.inc.php
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
kalilj

Post by kalilj »

claus wrote:is the new conf.inc.php with all new features and (old) settings in its right place? Also have a look at dist.conf.inc.php
I seem to be getting somewhere. Tryng to login with the defaults is giving me this:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/login.php on line 71

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/login.php  on line 71

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/login.php on line 72

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in/home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/login.php  on line 72

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/login.php :71) in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/V3/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php on line 279