[Solved] "Failed opening required" - line 30?

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
Blackbird

[Solved] "Failed opening required" - line 30?

Post by Blackbird »

Hey all,

This is my first post, I've been lurking for a while so I wouldn't repeat topics but I didn't find any for this.

I managed to install phpwcms 1.3.5 but after I'm done with the setup, it appears:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/inc_lib/default.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/home:/home3:/home/securespace:/home3/securespace:/home/securespace/home:/home3/securespace/home:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/securespace/home/MYDOMAIN/www/login.php on line 30

This is my first shot at php, I only know enough to make some modifications on html by using dreamweaver. I swear I gave my best, but from this point on, I'm lost and have no idea on what to do to fix it.

The "www" folder is the one where I have to put all files, even in html. I can't remove it, according to the hosting guidelines.

Could someone help me, please?

EDIT:
Now the error changed to this, although there isn't much difference:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/inc_lib/default.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/home:/home/securespace:/home/securespace/home:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/securespace/home/MYDOMAIN/www/login.php on line 30
Last edited by Blackbird on Thu 10. Jan 2008, 22:22, edited 3 times in total.
update

Re: "Failed opening required" - line 30? help, please

Post by update »

Hi
this is the complete error message? Is this the error when trying to log in or when calling the page? You did transfer the conf.inc.php?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Hi claus, thanks for your reply.

It's when I call the page. I did transfer the conf.inc.php file, 2 times, to make sure I made it right.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Whenever you see that the error message contains (include_path='...etcetera) as a part of it, that is an indication that PHP cannot find a PATH that has been specified in the script attemtpting to run. What path did you enter in "conf.inc.php" ?
Is that browseable (ie. http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php) without a ERROR 404 NOT FOUND?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

DeXXus wrote:Whenever you see that the error message contains (include_path='...etcetera) as a part of it, that is an indication that PHP cannot find a PATH that has been specified in the script attemtpting to run. What path did you enter in "conf.inc.php" ?
Is that browseable (ie. http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php) without a ERROR 404 NOT FOUND?
Hey Dexxus,

I appreciate your help. No, if I try to browse it I get the ERROR 404 NOT FOUND message. :(

I have no idea on what to do. I did everything according to the tutorial, I wonder if it could be an issue with my hosting.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

DeXXus wrote:What path did you enter in "conf.inc.php" ?
Blackbird wrote:The "www" folder is the one where I have to put all files, even in html. I can't remove it, according to the hosting guidelines.
What do you mean by this? That there can be no subfolders for 'www' folder? [phpwcms is based on a folder "hierarchy" relative to where it's root files are stored (login.php, etc. would be the root)]. Got a link to your frontend?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

When I open the FTP, all files must be put into the www folder, I don't know the reason why. It's the hosting company standard and it can't be deleted (at least according to them).

EDIT:
Figured it! It's working now! Thanks for your help! :)