GaleriX MOD

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
gratch

GaleriX MOD

Post by gratch »

Hallo zusammen,
dies ist mein erster Forumseintrag :D

Ich habe ein Galerie-Modul für phpWCMS entwickelt. Es benutzt die Dateizentrale (zum Bilder hochladen) und kann unter anderem mit Lightbox zur Anzeige der Bilder verwendet werden (alles nötige ist dabei).

Was noch nicht geht, ist die Diashow.

Ich würde mich über zahlreiche Anmerkungen/Kritik freuen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everybody,
this is my first post :D

I've developed a gallery module for our cms which I called GaleriX. It makes use of the file central (for uploading images) and can (but not only) use Lightbox for frontend display (everything needed is included).

Still to do is the slideshow.

I'd welcome lots of feedback.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download: http://thomashackl.de/galerix-download.phtml
Laufende Installation: http://thomashackl.de/galerix-show.phtml
Saying Bill Gates improved computer security is like saying Osama bin Laden improved flight security.
phalancs

Post by phalancs »

This looks great!

Thanx for your efforts! :) Will try that as soon as possible.
SNap

Post by SNap »

hi gratch,

would be cool to see some screenshots from backend? ;)

Cheers
SNap
'welcome to the real world!' datensysteme-lenk
pepe

Post by pepe »

Read this:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

maybe a combination is a possible way to go!?
gratch

Screenshots

Post by gratch »

Hi everybody,
SNap is right, screenshots would be cool :D So here you go: http://thomashackl.de/galerix-screenshots.phtml

@pepe Sounds like an interesting idea not to use "my own" zoom with Lightbox or MouseOver, but to "plug-in" the phpwcms zoom mechanism (including the mentioned Lightbox extension). I understood you meant that?
Saying Bill Gates improved computer security is like saying Osama bin Laden improved flight security.
pepe

Re: Screenshots

Post by pepe »

gratch wrote:...
I understood you meant that?
Yes, becaus it works with the rendering-trick only... and no code juggeling is neccessary!
Better for the most of us :lol:
gratch

Zooooom

Post by gratch »

Of course there's no code juggling necessary with the mod. Everything is done automatically, you only say in the backend that you want lightbox zoom and everything needed is included and done (link format etc.).

The truth is, when the mentioned post was written, I was already too advanced with the mod so I didn't change the zoom method.

But your idea sounds very charming, that would enable any zoom mechanism you want... I'll see when I'm gonna have time for that :D
sustia

Post by sustia »

Hey gratch. looks great!! :D

The combination with highslide, like pepe said, would be great too! :)
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
marcus@localhorst

Post by marcus@localhorst »

I think this lighbox/gallery Module is nice for people who like to have this album-like, sort of photogalleries. others might work with my "post processing reg ex hack" (which pepe means).
to make your work more different and special than mine (if we would compare this or better to help users to decide) it would be cool to include all that fancy digicam-pic-gal stuff like EXIF Data read, slideshow. (maybe this EXIF stuff doesn't work if you use the internal phpwcms filemanagement?!)
"more" presentationlayers would be nice (moofx).
(that's just suggestions, no need to do that ;-))

hope you understand what I mean.
(ich könnts ja auch in deutsch schreiben, aber da gibt es schon so einen unseligen...)

best
marcus
gratch

EXIF

Post by gratch »

Thank a lot for your responses.

Marcus, you are definitely right. Slideshow is the feature that I also miss the most. But I hope to figure out a way how to do that elegantly :) Moofx is certainly worth a thought.

EXIF data read would be nice, too, I never even thought about that...

At the moment, I'm thinking of a way to bring mine and your work together: perhaps the gallery could offer (per default) the "normal" zoom behaviour of phpwcms, and enhancements like yours can be plugged in via the frontend_render folder. I'm thinking of your lightbox integration script and perhaps implementing the same for the mouse over-effects I have besides lightbox and eventually highslide.
eccentric.worx

Re: EXIF

Post by eccentric.worx »

very impressive! thanx a lot!
but galerix seems not to be crossbrowser-compatible:
IE: the layout is not right
FF: everything ok
Opera: nothing... :shock:

also would be nice if it would be possible to have a thumb for the album instead of text...

but i say it again:

very impressive! thnx!
gratch

Thanks

Post by gratch »

I'm happy if you are :)

I know that the gallery looks different in IE. What exactly do you mean by "the layout is not right"? As far as I could see in my test (in IE 6 and 7), the only difference is the alignment of text and images.

I've also tested with Opera 9, and the gallery worked all right there. "Nothing" shouldn't be at all...

Still much work to do... :roll:
metti

Great

Post by metti »

Cool!
Gefällt mir echt sehr gut. Ein ganz kleiner Vorschlag aber am Rande: Könntest du das einrichten, dass man wenn die Flash-Animation für ein Bild aktiv ist innerhalb dieser Animation durch die Bilder skippen kann? (Hab mir aber jetzt nur die Demo angeguckt)
gratch

Animation

Post by gratch »

Hi metti,
danke für das Lob...
Du kannst durch die Bilder in der Animation navigieren, indem du den Mauscursor an den rechten bzw. linken Rand eines Bildes bewegst, dann erscheint jeweils ein Button zum Vor- bzw. Zurückblättern. Oder du drückst "N" für das nächste und "P" für das vorherige Bild. Das ist übrigens kein Flash, sondern Javascript. Lightbox ist schon der Hammer :)

Kleines Update am Rande: ich arbeite momentan an einem Template-System, damit das Aussehen der Galerie besser anpassbar ist. EXIF-Daten sollen auch einblendbar sein. Aber durch den Beruf hab ich etwas weniger Zeit momentan.

Greetz,
gratch
Sir Erazor

Post by Sir Erazor »

hey there,

cool thing :)
works! and - is very nice :)

greets from brasil,
simon
Last edited by Sir Erazor on Wed 29. Nov 2006, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.