phpmailer headerredirect

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
kac

phpmailer headerredirect

Post by kac »

Hi, I'm getting this error by some browsers:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: headerredirect() in .../include/inc_act/act_formmailer.php on line 38
The mailer seems to work fine with most browsers. I wasn't even aware that there was a problem until someone told me about it. The person that showed me the error was using NS (unsure of the version) and I recreated the error with Omniweb5.01 and Opera 7.5 all for the Mac.

I'm using phpwcms v1.2.7

Any help is appreciated.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Hmmm there is no function: headerredirect in phpWCMS. You will have to explain a little more about what sequence of actions (with the mailer) that bring up the error. Newsletter or email form? Does the -other- of those two produce same symptom, too?

Do you get a message like:
"The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information. Click Retry to send the information again, or click Cancel to return to the page that you were trying to view."

It may be that PHP has trouble setting it's SERVER variable --> $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] <--from those browsers, to determine if submittal is from within your site (security measure)? Is the browser being refreshed prematurely? Maybe turning on all errors, warnings and notices in "php.ini" will show more?

Line 38 is:

Code: Select all

header('Location: '.$phpwcms["site"].$phpwcms["root"]);
IN

// Only internal form sender allowed
require_once ("../../config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php");

//$NO_DB_CONNECT = true;

$url = $phpwcms["site"];
$url = str_replace('http://', '', $url);
$url = str_replace('https://', '', $url);
$url = preg_replace('/\/$/', '', $url);
$ref = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
$ref = str_replace('http://', '', $ref);
$ref = str_replace('https://', '', $ref);
if( strpos($ref, $url) === false) {
	header('Location: '.$phpwcms["site"].$phpwcms["root"]);
	exit();
}
kac

Post by kac »

Hi, it's in the act_formmailer, line 38, headerRedirect($phpwcms["site"].$phpwcms["root"]);

That's the one that the error is coming from, but there are several others in the act_formmailer.php script.

I am using the old email form generator, is that the problem?

thanks
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

kac wrote:Hi, it's in the act_formmailer, line 38, headerRedirect($phpwcms["site"].$phpwcms["root"]);

That's the one that the error is coming from, but there are several others in the act_formmailer.php script.

I am using the old email form generator, is that the problem?

thanks
Must be something like that, because the "pristine" archive of pre1.2.7_phpwcms includes what I have described:
in "act_formmailer.php"
header('Location... instead of headerRedirect(...

If that function, headerRedirect() is being called... then the file where that original function is "defined"... must be included with a PHP statement!
kac

Post by kac »

hi,

The difference in act_formmailer.php was I hadn't installed the patch, now my formmailer is like yours.

Installing the patch also fixed the Omni browser getting the error, but Opera still has problems. After hitting submit the page refreshes to the home page without the "Thank you" page, and no e-mail is received. There is something else with Opera too, it's loading my pages in a different language-- but only this one site every other site seems to be fine. Since this appears to be an Opera problem I'm considering the e-mail problem fixed.

Thanks for your help

Ken
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

just for your Information:

function headerRedirect() is defined in general.inc.php -
and is used serval times

function headerRedirect($target='') {
	header('Location: '.$target);
	if(isset($_SESSION)) {
		session_write_close();
	}
	exit();
}
have also sometimes on one Server !? a Warning after sending from (new) Contact Form
Warning: Header may not contain more than a single header, new line detected. in /home/chs/efectored.com/home/html/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 1164
this are the two Points in cnt23.article.inc.php

if($cnt_form["onerror_redirect"]) {

headerRedirect(str_replace('{SITE}', PHPWCMS_URL, $cnt_form["onerror"]));
or

if(!$mail->Send()) {
			$CNT_TMP .= '<p>'.html_specialchars($mail->ErrorInfo).'</p>';
		} elseif($cnt_form["onsuccess_redirect"]) {
			// redirect on success
			headerRedirect(str_replace('{SITE}', PHPWCMS_URL, $cnt_form["onsuccess"]));
		} elseif($cnt_form["onsuccess"]) {
have tried to reproduce this, but as I said - it not happen at every Server (they are almost with the same Configuration Apache, PHP, mySQL) and at the one where it happens, I cannot run a Debugger.
The Mail is send anyway.
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
kac

Post by kac »

In case anyone else is paying attention to this problem here's an update.

After installing the patch the contact form worked for most browsers, but I found out that I couldn't log in to the admin. I got the same redirect error but coming from login.php.

This forced me to remove the patch and go back to the original if I wanted to be able to update my site.

thanks