Templates...

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
dfault

Templates...

Post by dfault »

I think it would be a very VERY nice If you could use your own template files in the future! This gives phpwcms much more flexibility. If I could use Dreamweaver and create my look and add the rep.code there, then just go to admin, new template, upload.. ! :D

Couse the way It is I'm more bound to a certain "look" witch Is OK sometime, but sometimes you whanna make something else.

If In the future this will be added I would deffinetly use phpwcms for my sites, but now Its takes me to much time fiffing things in the backend trying to get it the way I whant It...
Rylas

Post by Rylas »

I agree, I am not a big fan of the built-in template parser, I would love to see something in the future where you can build your themes independantly using {tag} tags whenever needed inside the template file.

I know, of course, this would take some time, but think of how much happier the users will be.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I think we have to differ here - I know a lot of users do not want to touch templates. I will let the priniciple as is but I will give users the option to disable the pagelayout rendering. Then you can do what you want - but default should be page layout assistent. If docu is ready, for that - I think most people would use this.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
isac

Example template...

Post by isac »

First thanks Oliver for this great software.

About templates system I think you should like to take a look at this example

http://demo.4homepages.de/templates/default/ at http://www.4homepages.de , in my opinion (designer only) gives me a lot of freedom for costumize layout and to translate to other languages! I think phpb is similar.

Thanks Again!
(please ignore my bad english)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Sorry isac - This is definitly something that I will not integrate. Maybe you can understand this - no one else does.

This is to cryptic and for special content types only. I think that is not content management in its normal form. I want to reduce all template stuff to an absolute minimum (if possible)

Oliver
dfault

Post by dfault »

Yes, your right! it will be much better If people could just choose wich method they use. For me, I'm a 100% designer, I can design, And I whan't to design. Some people don't have the time or knowlage, so the way that the system works now Is perfect for them... :D I'm not saying you can't make cool sites the way It works now, but I whan't the other way :D

I'm not rushing you or complaining, just saying for me (and many other designers) this way Is better.

and again, keep up the good work!
marco

Post by marco »

I think having the OPTION to completely control a template outside would be great and make it easier to have the look and feel we need. This way I could create my page with any tool I want to get the exact layout I need, test it, then, to get the content, I could just drop in the phpwcms tags.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Another problem: the more replacements the slower the system. But lets see what's practical. Maybe there is a long time the system needs to grow. I really want to hold phpwcms simple and lean.

Maybe in v2.0 ;-) But for the moment it maybe enough for some people to disable page layout rendering as now.

What's described above is a new script language.

Oliver
dfault

Post by dfault »

Then I'm looking forward to v2.0 ;) :D