login page is blank after 1.3.0 installation

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
zeta1600

Post by zeta1600 »

Stagai... did you solve your problem? I can't view login.php nor index.php either. I have an index.html test file and it shows fine, so I know the server is working. Really strange... Might this issue have something to do with the _.htaccess file? I have never seen an "_" before the .htaccess file.

Any help?
v. 1.3.3
Server: Linux 2.6.18
Local: OS 10.4.9
Browser: Safari 2.0.0.6
stagai

Post by stagai »

zeta1600 wrote:Stagai... did you solve your problem? I can't view login.php nor index.php either. I have an index.html test file and it shows fine, so I know the server is working. Really strange... Might this issue have something to do with the _.htaccess file? I have never seen an "_" before the .htaccess file.

Any help?
Yes. It was a frustrating process but like in another thread similar to this one, it turned out to be the the ftp client that I was using that caused the problem. It turns out that some of the directories had upper case letters in the name and were converted to lower case letters when being transferred. I was using SSH. Figured out the problem and just tried Dreamweaver. And problem solved.

Hope this helps. Good luck finding the solution.

Oh...and like Oliver said, turn on your error messages. That helped a lot.
zeta1600

Post by zeta1600 »

v. 1.3.3
Server: Linux 2.6.18
Local: OS 10.4.9
Browser: Safari 2.0.0.6
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

[x]
Last edited by Jensensen on Sat 20. Sep 2008, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
eighteentee

Post by eighteentee »

Hi - I'm new to phpwcms and took a couple of hours out of yesterday to get my head around how it works. However, I installed it according to the installation guide and everything seemed OK until I went to login - just a blank page! I can't seem to get it to log me in.

Anyone any ideas whats going on?

I really wanted to use this for a up and coming project.