News Flash Content Type [Updated 2.0.4]

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
DeXXus

Re: almost working (rig didn't work)

Post by DeXXus »

anthony.abraira wrote:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_newsflash_article_list() in /home/content/s/p/o/spotlightla/html/phpwcms_template/inc_script/frontend_render/newsflash.php on line 33
-Earlier post- anthony said:
anthony.abraira wrote:I tried your suggestion by copying both the (get_newsflash_articles_data() and get_newsflash_article_list() function into the ext.func.inc.php file.
Jens instructions from -last- update:
1. Installation
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Download from http://www.ikfrej.se/index.php?downloads

2. Unzip the package

3. Backup the following files:
--------------->include/inc_lib/article.contenttype.inc.php
--------------->include/inc_tmpl/articlecontent.edit.tmpl.php

4. Upload the include folder (and everything in it) to the website root directory.

5. If you had installed newsflash 2.0.x before, you must remove the following functions from inc_front/ext.func.inc.php:
--------------->list_newsflash_summary()
--------------->get_newsflash_articles_data()
--------------->get_newsflash_article_list()
Did you do that, completely?
anthony.abraira

This is not an upgrade

Post by anthony.abraira »

Just to be absolutely certain, I checked the ext.func.inc.php and there was not reference to those commands. Mind you, this was a clean installation of version 2.02. So there was really no need to do anything but make those necessary back ups as outlined in the instructions.

If you feel you need direct access to the server, I'd be happy to give you the login and pass in private and perhaps you can decipher what is wrong. I got the CP working flawlessly its just the RT now.

Thanks for the quick reply :roll:
"The trick is living without an answer."
JensZ

Post by JensZ »

It actually seems like I broke the replacement tag in 2.0.2. Sorry about that! The functions have moved to include/inc_front/content/cnt_functions/cnt90.func.inc.php so of course we need to reference it. To fix, add this line to the top of phpwcms_template/inc_script/frontend_render/newsflash.php:

Code: Select all

require_once("./include/inc_front/content/cnt_functions/cnt90.func.inc.php");
/Jens
anthony.abraira

An idea to chew on (pushing News Flash's potential)

I have come up with this idea rig to have several facets per every article. (Where as right now there is only one).

1. First, I created a new block in the page layout called ARTICLE_ICON

2. Then I created a .tmpl file that basically had one command, the RT {ARTICLE_ICON}

3. Then I went to the NewFlash CP and when I tried to display the articles via this new .tmpl file, all of the icons came out the same. The icons were different on the article end...as in each one had a different image, but the same one...

I was wondering is this kind of dependent on the default article icon that comes with phpWCMS?

Is there a way to get the ARTICLE_ICON block to be addressed seperately via every article, the way that it does with the default article icon picture?

I hope I am making sense and I hope there is a yes somewhere in there.
JensZ

Post by JensZ »

New version:

2007-04-20 Jens Zetterström Version 2.0.3
* Sorting of articles by creation date, title, modified date, etc.
* Fixed broken RT

Get here:
http://www.ikfrej.se/?downloads

//Jens
JensZ

Post by JensZ »

Version 2.0.4 ready!

* Paging of article list
* Max number of words in summary
anthony.abraira

Implement 'Lightbox'

Is it possible to create a 'list' template that permits the [ZOOMIMAGE] to utilize the lightbox feature in 1.3.3.?
anthony.abraira

number of articles

is it possible to stipulate the number of articles with the replacement tag...like...{NEWSFLASH:c65:sample.tmpl:6}

6 being the top article count

Fingers crossed.
digidotter

Example

Post by digidotter »

Is there any example where I can see a demo or a realisation?
Der Tag hat 24 Stunden, deshalb schlafe in der Nacht!
anthony.abraira

Does this exist?

Since this CP is the closest thing I can see to being a solution, I was wondering if there was a way to set up the content part to refer the category that it was in automatically and list the contents? So instead of actually putting the category number in the template (requiring a template for each category) and instead of having multiple NewsFlash CPs in every block in every article...is there a way to simply get the CP to refer to where the article resides and populate based off that? This will be a great face lift to the system's manner of handling this where it makes no distinction between the article contents and the article itself. Like I said this might not be the proper place to post this request, its just that this CP is awfully close to performing in this manner with a little tweaking.

Optimistically awaiting...
anthony.abraira

1.3.3 not compatible (missing CPs)

It appears that when you overwrite the article.contenttype.inc.php and the articlecontent.edit.tmpl.php, you lose the new CPs available from version 1.3.3. Is there an update to this hack that works with the current final release of phpWCMS

Thanks in advance.