Inserting images in a article

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
klausre

Inserting images in a article

Post by klausre »

Hi.
I trye to ad a image to an article, but a can't understand how to do this... The files that a have uploadet in the filemanager does'nt show up then a get the imagedir up... And how does this work whit the htmlaria? It seems to be to ways to insert a picture one by the mane system and one way whit the htmlaria.

Can you trye to clear this up for me?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

There are 3 possible ways to insert images. If your image in file managaer does not have a thumbnail - it is not usable for built in automatic image handling.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
klausre

Post by klausre »

I can make the thumbnail , but I does'nt understand how to put a image inside a article?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Use the small folder icon in centent part form and a file browser opens. To select folder's content tehre click on the foldername - select the image - voila. Before you can use images set status of folder and file in file manager to active/visible and public. So - every file listed in file manager und public is available.

Oliver
pSouper

can't see a browse icon for inserting images

Post by pSouper »

hi O & co,
I was reading this article and got confiused as i don't seam to have the browse folder/utton on my Article page for inserting an image - see link..
I was wondering how i insert pictures in articles and preferably into user information too - ie a photo of the user in their details.
thanks pSouper.

http://www.tinytots.tv

login helper
password letmein

you may notice i have other issues too, but i will post seperatly for those :)
Last edited by pSouper on Sun 14. Dec 2003, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Uhhh - strange backend :lol:

That's not possible because you have no working ImageMagick. Without that at the moment it makes no sense to use image/w text and images. You have to use image replacement tags at the moment. And not only your ImageMagick is not working - upload via webbrowser too.

Oliver
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

you are so right O
I have installed Imagemagick and the other software you recomened too but have no idea if anything in phpwcms autodetects it to allow picture editing or if I must configure something to give it a path etc.

also, as well as upload issue [can't create folder?] when posting an article by pressing the'create new article' button, the page times out so that you have to close and reopen your browser window the nrenavigate to the site and login - when you gewt back to articles it ALWAYS worked and the new article is correct. why would the page hang like this? php.ini?

any sugestions on the upload stuff would help too :)

thanks pSouper
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You can NOT mix something like this http://www.tinytots.tv and "...dyndns..." -> ONLY 1 domain possible. But you can link to your favourite or mirror domain and the system redirects to the right.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

i dont understand your last post Oliver, could you explain that one again it sounds serious.

are you saying i should not use dyndns? just have .tv domain direct straight to my server? - this is tricky for some reasons.
thanks O
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Maybe this can cause problems. I can not recommend this - for developement I use dyndns too - but without any redirecting domain. Maybe this is why you get timeout errors.

Oliver