Help. Am new to php and mysql

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
apollo

Help. Am new to php and mysql

Post by apollo »

Hi Guys

Have been trying to find the answers to my prob on my own within the forum but wasnt lucky at all.

Already downloaded the latest version 1.2.5 phpwcms. Basically am trying to install a copy of this phpwcms on my localhost so that i can better understand and learn its functions.

Managed to get into my phpmysql to manually create the database which i hv named it as phpwcms and created all the necessary tables as instructed in the 27-08-2004_phpwcms_init file.

I dont understand this part whereby we are suppose to move /setup/setup.conf.inc
to /config/phpwcms/conf.inc. Am i suppose to overwrite the latter file?

Could that be the reason and that is why i cant get the script to be connected to the database ?? Am i correct to setup this way or is there a easier way?

I know you guys have probably seen a thousand times from idiot like myself but it seems some of the likely searches are in german which i cant understand.

Maybe some kind soul can point me to the rite thread to read?

Thanks a million.

Rgs
rollofritz

Post by rollofritz »

Hi Apollo!

First: please use the latest version 1.2.6. In older Versions there may be some security risks. you can download this at
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/news_en.phtml

Next: You must not create the tables by foot.... You only need access to an existing empty database. You only need the mysql-hostname, user, password
and database name.

Look at the setup-description on this site:
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml

When you have finished the setup-routine you must download the "config.inc.php" File and upload in the folder /config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php
while replacing the existing file.

When everything is running well you should delete the setup folder!

Good Luck!!!

markus.
apollo

Post by apollo »

Hi Markus

Thanks for the help.

Finally got it installed on my PC and hopefully can master it soon.

Stephen
Honey

Post by Honey »

I got it all up to were you have to download the config file. I dindt know what to do with it so i quit installatation

Nou i want to try again and i get now this:

Code: Select all

NO SETUP POSSIBLE

Access on setup routine is restricted after downloading config file once. To re-enable setup remove the line

$NO_ACCESS = true;

in setup.conf.inc.php.

Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You did the install once and downloaded conf.inc.php. Re-upload setup.conf.inc.php and try again.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Honey

Post by Honey »

i thought it would be easy because lots of other people use this but i dont understand anything of this difficault installation