Error 500 while generating thumbnails

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
sven_hom

Error 500 while generating thumbnails

Post by sven_hom »

Hi there!

When I copy images using "ftp takeover" into my filestorage everything works fine, even with more than 100 files per action.
But when I try to open the file browser afterwards to view the thumbs of my recently uploaded images it takes a long time (about 30 - 50 sec) to process the script and then I get an error-page (Error 500: internal server error). After trying to open the file browser about 3 or 4 times everthing works and all the thumbnails have been generated.

I've tried to change some PHP-INI-Settings like max_execution_time, but nothing seems to work.

I'm working with phpwcms v1.2.5-dev

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks and greets,
Sven
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi Sven,

the processes GD or ImageMagic using a lot of RAM. They are very hungry.
Please make a switch at your php.ini "memory_limit=16M" or better "memory_limit=32M".
Standard is using 8M.

Second: "max_execution_time >= 30"

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Kosse

Re: Error 500 while generating thumbnails

Post by Kosse »

sven_hom wrote:Hi there!

When I copy images using "ftp takeover" into my filestorage everything works fine, even with more than 100 files per action.
But when I try to open the file browser afterwards to view the thumbs of my recently uploaded images it takes a long time (about 30 - 50 sec) to process the script and then I get an error-page (Error 500: internal server error). After trying to open the file browser about 3 or 4 times everthing works and all the thumbnails have been generated.

I've tried to change some PHP-INI-Settings like max_execution_time, but nothing seems to work.

I'm working with phpwcms v1.2.5-dev

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks and greets,
Sven
had that problem several times, as I use a shared host for my sites, but as u say: when giving the server the time to execute all (by refreshing every once in a while -15 secs) the process works. A bit annoying but not phpwcms fault... though the message should be more user friendly then a php error warning ;)

Cheers
sven_hom

Post by sven_hom »

Thanks for the replies!
Please make a switch at your php.ini "memory_limit=16M" or better "memory_limit=32M"
Memory-Limit is 40M (by default).
had that problem several times, as I use a shared host for my sites...
Yes, it's a 1und1-Hosting. So I think that's the problem.

I try to get more information about that...