Simple Blog Module + Reptag [Work In Progress]

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

uhm, i'd personally love to have one editor throughout all the backend - this wouldn't confuse customers. Why are you preferring tinymce? looks like fck is quite a robust choice - personally don't know about tiny but... :)
Completeness is reached through subtraction, not through addition
shiny

Post by shiny »

Fulvio Romanin wrote:uhm, i'd personally love to have one editor throughout all the backend - this wouldn't confuse customers. Why are you preferring tinymce? looks like fck is quite a robust choice - personally don't know about tiny but... :)
This is addressed in another topic somewhere on the forums (can't remember where) but I had/still have a number of issues with FCKEditor on my PC, and it's partly personal preference too. There's a bit more info at http://www.shinypixel.co.uk/phpwcmstinymce where I added WYSIWYG support for TinyMCE a while ago. This page is also due for an update, incidentally.

I'm currently just working on the forms for per-user blog ownership, and they're nearly finished.
http://www.shinypixel.co.uk - WCMSBlog :: The blogging Module for Phpwcms.
Current version : 0.6 [Public Release] - Includes RSS support
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

can't wait to see.. i would kindly ask if you can pm me some kind of skype / msn contact so i can help with (eventual) betatest.... discussing here it's nice but fills up the forum of "yes" and "no" comments :) - i wouldn't disturb much... :)

oh and btw - which script you use for the "printer-friendly page"?
Completeness is reached through subtraction, not through addition
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Fulvio Romanin wrote:can't wait to see.. i would kindly ask if you can pm me some kind of skype / msn contact so i can help with (eventual) betatest.... discussing here it's nice but fills up the forum of "yes" and "no" comments :) - i wouldn't disturb much... :)
Same here shiny, though I'm busy, I wanna help :D I've been following your blog since a while ;)

Cheers
shiny

Beta released!

Post by shiny »

After a few hours of frenzied coding and testing, I've put together a beta version of the code. I can only apologise for the length of time this has taken from start to finish. There's still more that can be added, but this is a base that we can move on from. Waiting in the wings (but not yet in there) are RSS support, "More..." links, image uploads and the feature requests that were mentioned earlier in the thread.

It's not a public beta yet in case of a massive problem that I haven't noticed (I've tested on a fresh 1.2.5 DEV version but nothing older) which would mean that everyone is unduly disappointed.

I've sent links out to all those who have previously asked, and if you do want to have a go at the (as yet, relatively untested) beta too, then just drop me a line and I'll point you at it.

I'm as glad that it's nearly finished as everyone else is :D
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
Kosse

It works!

Post by Kosse »

Hurray!
shiny

Re: It works!

Post by shiny »

Kosse wrote:Image
I nearly fell off my chair with laughter when I saw that :lol:

I've sent a link to the beta to all those who have asked for it so far (about 6-8 people, I can't remember exactly)... Could I request that anyone whos tried it sends me a PM and lets me know how they've got on? I'd love to hear from you all :)

Cheers!
Ben_Hook

strange..

Post by Ben_Hook »

Hi shiny, Nice work, I like how the database automatically installs :D Unfortunately it wont work on the 3 servers I tried it on, two 1.2.6 and 1 1.2.5 :( It comes up, but constantly tells me that i'm not an admin, even though I am- and doesnt let me do anything.. I tried commenting out the bit that verifys that you're an admin in each of the .tmpl files, but then the blogs i add just dissapear :? :(
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??
Thanks,
Ben.Hook
  • If i bore you to death, don't say i didn't warn you.
shiny

Re: strange..

Post by shiny »

Ben_Hook wrote:Hi shiny, Nice work, I like how the database automatically installs :D Unfortunately it wont work on the 3 servers I tried it on, two 1.2.6 and 1 1.2.5 :( It comes up, but constantly tells me that i'm not an admin, even though I am- and doesnt let me do anything.. I tried commenting out the bit that verifys that you're an admin in each of the .tmpl files, but then the blogs i add just dissapear :? :(
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??
Thanks,
Ben.Hook
This is a known problem (i.e. a bug ;) ), and it has been reported already by another tester, so you are not alone. I've been rethinking the admin structure, as currently the one I'm using seems unreliable. Thanks for the report - I'll release an updated beta when I've fixed the problem.
joransrb

Post by joransrb »

Hello...

the blog works just fine with my localhost setup, no probs at all...
great work :)
Ben_Hook

Ok..

Post by Ben_Hook »

Ok, Thanks.. Please could you notify (PM or post) me when you have updated it please? (I'm V.V.V.V.V.V. Excited to get this going :lol:)
Thanks
Ben_Hook

Post by Ben_Hook »

joransrb wrote:Hello...

the blog works just fine with my localhost setup, no probs at all...
great work :)
Hi, what version of phpwcms do you use?
Thanks
shiny

Post by shiny »

OK everyone, the 'you are not an admin' bug has been fixed. Only one line needed to be changed in the end, and thanks very much to Fulvio for allowing me the use of his test server so I could test things out and get it fixed on his version [1.2.6DEV].

I've also disallowed blank comments, and prevented people from writing the same comment twice.

Before I release a new Beta, I'm hoping to integrate the Comments Manager so you can delete comments that mikepkp17 has added, but because I left the code at work, I'm waiting to hopefully get the download link re-activated :)
marco

Post by marco »

Great mod!
shiny

Post by shiny »

For all you beta-people there's a new version released (at the same place as the old one - PM me for details). The next release will be a proper public one.

More info here.