www.emergentmediagroup.com

post released sites here made with phpwcms
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Ben wrote:as this will show up in the web traffic logs.
Jesus! On top of that he was "clever" enough to do that... I was also wondering how you found him that quickly... ;) Well, no harm done... Ben you're safe! Well done protect-my-work-campaign :D

Cheers
Ben

Post by Ben »

[comment removed]
Last edited by Ben on Mon 9. Oct 2006, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

I got an email this morning concerning this...
I replied. So did he.
EOF

;)

Here you have:

Code: Select all

De : paul bryant  
Envoyé : mercredi 9 novembre 2005 13:34
À : marcos
Objet : have you finished 

Dear Sir,
As either you or you partner admitted at the time to being churlish perhaps you have had your fun now and maybe its time to grow up and remove the post ('ll probably edit this post in the future... and be adult and remove his pictures, but just right now I feel childish so let me play plz... )

Cheers
MY REPLY:

Dear Sir,

I'll edit it right now and post this answer instead. My intention was certainly not to harm your image, just to put pressure on the person who "borrowed" the design without even asking the original designer if he could do so. The person you're referring to as my partner is an US webmaster that I happen to know on the phpwcms forum. I certainly appreciate his work and as you might have felt, it is not gracious to have one's job stolen. I guess you live from the nice shots you make and you woudn't like another person using them without your permission, and your present email demonstrates that clearly, it is (at least) NOT NICE to be "used". The sad part is that I'm sure should you have asked you could have met an arrangement with him.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your website and hope you've sensed how netiquette counts today.

Sincerely,
Marcos Peebles
He replied again:

I completely agree with your statement however I had no idea that the site had been copied before I got a barrage of abuse it would have been nice to come to some arrangement after all as I have said before its a cracking site design but instead I get threats of violence to myself and my wife from supposed intelligent web designers what is the world coming to.

Please post
So I did.

I Think that he has little sense of humor, like in some way Pepe threatened him :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
ChocolateChipCPSG.net

Post by ChocolateChipCPSG.net »

based on the same principle of simplicity of my site, but way way way way way better.
Coolness!
edit:
Oh, is that someone else's pinched design?
Ben

Post by Ben »

[comment removed]
Last edited by Ben on Mon 9. Oct 2006, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

This is getting old!

Post by Ben »

Today I discovered another site that his ripped off my design - http://myolff.my.funpic.org/phpwcms/index.php
While I'm flattered by people enjoying my design, this is my livelihood - not a hobby - and I certainly don't enjoy people taking my designs. Here's what I asked this guy:
Hello - if you are responsible for the website at http://myolff.my.funpic.org/phpwcms/index.php I request that you immediately take the site offline or change the look of the site so that it is not using my design from http://www.emergentmediagroup.com. You seem like an upstanding person, and I'll appreciate your cooperation and a response.

Regards,
Ben Robinson
Emergent Media Group
http://www.emergentmediagroup.com
Last edited by Ben on Thu 9. Mar 2006, 01:22, edited 2 times in total.
Jan212

Post by Jan212 »

nice stuff here... really.
Regards/ Grüsse/ Groetjes - JAN212
------------------------------------------------
null212 - Büro für Kommunikation und Design
Lyrikfetzen des Tages
1. Ist der Quelltext auch valide fragt Herr Müller ganz perfide.
2. Wat is dat een lekker ding.
3. Wer Vision hat soll zum Arzt gehen.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks, Jan212! It looks like the funpic.org site has been taken down, which is nice.
wireless

Post by wireless »

http://myolff.my.funpic.org/phpwcms

site still up.

I cannot see how any person or "company" could copy a site like they have.

How ever flattering it may be to Emergent Media Group, it is still theft

Not to mention all they have done is shown how little creativity they have

wireless