suggestion:TinyMCE as new multibrowser HTML WYSIWYG editor

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

cyrano wrote:so why not have a possibility in wcms to use a wysiwyg-editor choosen by ourself?

so need a plugin-interface and / or know what and where to make changes?

The everyone can use whatever he/she wants.

tiny looks in visual working eyes powerfull when handling pages with lot of graphics.
hello cyr

nice idea, but the problem is that every editor needs to be edit. so i think thats an work wich is not really productive to Oliver.
sezmen

Yes, but...

Post by sezmen »

With Tiny you can create and EDIT tables. :shock:
sezmen

sorry,

Post by sezmen »

In the new version there is written that you can only config htmnlare or fck. But there is not written that I can also spaw config.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Select option 3 - browser based wysiwyg to enable SPAW
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Perhaps someone with time on their hands can create a hack using tinyMCE. Looks like everybody on this thread likes its overall look and feel and advantages. As mentioned, the competition (Mambo) now uses it by default. :)
frold

Post by frold »

did someone try to use TinyMCE ?
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
frold

Post by frold »

frold wrote:did someone try to use TinyMCE ?
I tried to make a case 5 in wysiwyg.editor.inc.php

Code: Select all

//TinyMCE
	case 5:	if(!isset($wysiwyg_loaded_TinyMCE) || !$wysiwyg_loaded_TinyMCE) {
				echo "\n\n<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.instrukser.dk/betatest/include/inc_ext/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>\n";		
				echo "<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">\n";
				echo "tinyMCE.init({\n";
				echo "mode : "textareas",\n";
				echo "theme : "simpel",\n";
				echo "plugins : "table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,newdocument,separator",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,ltr,rtl,separator,fullscreen",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",\n";
				echo "theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",\n";
				echo "content_css : "example_full.css",\n"; //chech op på den
				echo "plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",\n";
				echo "plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",\n";
				echo "extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",\n";
				echo "external_link_list_url : "example_link_list.js",\n";
				echo "external_image_list_url : "example_image_list.js",\n";
				echo "flash_external_list_url : "example_flash_list.js",\n";
				echo "file_browser_callback : "fileBrowserCallBack"\n";
				echo "});\n\n";
				echo "function fileBrowserCallBack(field_name, url, type) {\n";
				echo "alert("Filebrowser callback: " + field_name + "," + url + "," + type);\n";
				echo "}\n";
	   			echo "</script>\n";
			}
			$wysiwyg_loaded_TinyMCE = 1;
			break;

and a case 5 in conf.wysiwyg.inc.php
// TinyMCE
$_wysiwyg_editor[5]['editor_name'] = 'TinyMCE';
and in login.php

Code: Select all

case 5:	// TinyMCE
				if(	$c->browser_is("ie5.5+")	|| 
					$c->browser_is("mz1.3+")	|| 
					$c->browser_is("ns7+")		|| 
					$c->browser_is("fx")
					) $_SESSION["WYSIWYG_EDITOR"] = 5;
				break;
But it wouldnt work :(

Feel free to try :D
zBurner

Post by zBurner »

I'm currently working on a mod to get this to work and already have it basically working. Once I have it nice and I have some free time I will post how I did it.
Zym0tiC

Post by Zym0tiC »

zBurner wrote:I'm currently working on a mod to get this to work and already have it basically working. Once I have it nice and I have some free time I will post how I did it.
that would be nice, you've got my support
zBurner

Post by zBurner »

Sorry for the delay in posting the solution for this. Unfortunately time has been very tight for me as of late. Anyway I have received several private inquiries about my progress with this so I figured I would post an update. I have gotten TinyMCE to fully work with phpwcms I just haven't had time to write up an how-to. Hopefully this friday I wil be able to post my solution. If anybody else has tried this on their own and has any question or problems feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help out.
frold

Post by frold »

zBurner wrote: If anybody else has tried this on their own and has any question or problems feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help out.
In the true forum spiret the best you can do is posting the code and eg. make a new post under enhancenment/hacks.

It is cool that you will give personal help but if you give support via the forum - the help will be availble for all of us :D
shiny

Post by shiny »

zBurner wrote:I have gotten TinyMCE to fully work with phpwcms I just haven't had time to write up an how-to. Hopefully this friday I wil be able to post my solution.

Oooh yes, please do. This was going to be one of the next things on my list [as FCKEditor doesn't work with Firefox's popup blocker and won't pop up any dialogs, and having used both FCK and TinyMCE in the past I prefer the latter by miles], so it would save some time!
pico

Post by pico »

as FCKEditor doesn't work with Firefox's popup blocker and won't pop up any dialogs
can't follow this - works for me and a lot of other Users :?:

TinyMCE is also a nice and handy Tool - but the File- and ImageManager are not OpenSource and free :( and as far as I know it works only on Windows :?:
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
frold

Post by frold »

pico wrote:
as FCKEditor doesn't work with Firefox's popup blocker and won't pop up any dialogs

TinyMCE is also a nice and handy Tool - but the File- and ImageManager are not OpenSource and free :( and as far as I know it works only on Windows :?:
You can use the same filemanager and imageeditor as the one you have implanted in your version of FCKeditor ;-)

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/view ... hp?id=1168
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=836
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/view ... hp?id=1308

And you have a filemanager here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=738747
shiny

Post by shiny »

pico wrote:
It was late last night when I wrote that, and had a feeling someone might pick up on my rubbish explanation. It's not actually the Firefox pop-up blocker that's the problem - it's some feature or other that's implemented in the Tabbrowser Preferences extension that I have installed [uninstalling it isn't an option].

It's hard to tell exactly which bit of the monolithic plugin it is, but it doesn't seem to like Web Page Dialogs much, and even turning off all the available Blocking options doesn't make any difference. The best I can manage is a blank tab when clicking any of the buttons that are meant to bring up a dialog (like they do in IE).

TinyMCE, conversely, gets past the TBP extension and is caught by the Firefox popup blocker itself, but at least I can then let it through.

Anyway, I hope to be able to integrate it into PhpWcms soon! :)