contrexx.com

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
barbe

contrexx.com

Post by barbe »

Hey,

what are the main differences between contrexx and phpwcms?

Is anyone out there who could set up a template that looks like the contrexx website?

http://www.contrexx.com/index.php?page=96

If yes, please let me know ... and how much it would cost me.

barbe [at] sbid [dot] de

Regards
Sebastian
trip

Post by trip »

Hi there some differences are

phpWCMS
- supported by the community
- OpenSource
- easy to add content with several content parts available
- great file / images manager
- very fast
- possible to build site using css only
- good developers adding new reptags and mods all the time

Contrexx
- expensive to purchase
- has paid support
- limited on the modules you can add, and most of the modules are included in the price.
- opensource option available, but only for PRIVATE use, limited to php5

My opinion is that phpWCMS offers more, and does not cost a cent. However I am sure Oliver the developer would like to have the support...

TriP
astalavista

Post by astalavista »

- expensive to purchase
The Contrexx CMS is build by a professional developer team. You can get it for free (with modules). If you help the contrexx developer team in any way you will get even the Premium version for free!
- has paid support
Yes, for private and telephone support. BUT you will ever get your free support, just send an E-Mail to support[AT]contrexx[DOT]com or use the Contrexx Forum for free!
- limited on the modules you can add, and most of the modules are included in the price.
There are already a few high quality modules. You can develop your own module with the module developer document. All modules (excluding online-shop) are included in the Open Source Version.
- opensource option available, but only for PRIVATE use, limited to php5
Open Source and free download for all! If you need it for commercial use just ask for a price. Contrexx CMS is not limited for PHP5!

My opinion is that phpWCMS offers more, and does not cost a cent. However I am sure Oliver the developer would like to have the support...
This is your opinion! I think both systems are not so bad :-)

BTW: Contrexx CMS will be available in English at the end of 2005 :-)

Astalavista Baby!
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Mmmmm,

a contrexxx fan (or developer?) ;) between phpwcms freaks... this is a lost cause, we're all devoted to phpWCMS. :D
Anyway, just install the two systems and you can compare.

The wcms baby: It's free (as in really free), Open (as in Open Open Source), GREAT support (as in GREAT forum), constantly moving forward and improving every day.
And if u have PayPal, OG can use it to pay his high speed internet connection in Berlin ;)
No match for that if u ask me, phpwcms does it ALL.

BTW: PhpWCMS is available in English since the beginning :D and counting like 20 other languages available :P

Hasta la vista igualmente cariño
trip

Post by trip »

BTW: PhpWCMS is available in English since the beginning Very Happy and counting like 20 other languages available Razz
:-) :lol: 8)