www.illinoislegalaidonline.org

post released sites here made with phpwcms
submike

www.illinoislegalaidonline.org

Post by submike »

I just updated our organization website. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.illinoislegalaidonline.org/

Thanks,
Mike
ff123

Post by ff123 »

This website belongs to the top 10 of most beautiful phpwcms websites so far. Simply excellent!

Perhaps tou can tell wihich special elements, mods you used for this site.
submike

Post by submike »

Thanks for the compliment. I'll try and post some documentation next week. Until then, have a good weekend.
grontas

Post by grontas »

Yes sir! Clear lovely design and fast as light.

Very proffesional work

Respect

ps:only one note. I notice a delay to the swapimages when i roll over the mouse. Maybe you can use a flash menu instead of swap images.
Aggelos Grontas
Thessaloniki, Greece
http://www.blackwhitemag.net
submike

Post by submike »

Grontas, thanks for the compliment plus the swapimages issue. I forgot to add the onLoad Preload Images script. Thanks for reminding me.
Ben

Post by Ben »

submike, I think you did a great job with the site. It has "that elusive elegance" to it that is difficult to create. A few tiny things I noticed are:
1. the blue, Flash banner on the homepage is about 3px narrower than the 3 black columns beneath it
2. a few of the pages have about an 8px gap in the upper right of the sub-nav area - http://www.illinoislegalaidonline.org/i ... p?research, for example

Sorry to be picky, but the site is so great I thought you'd want to know. Maybe these things only show up in IE 6. I think the site could really benefit from a sitemap to give people the big picture. Lucky for all of us, it's one of the content parts. Also, I'm surprised you didn't build it with version 1.2.5-DEV, as it has many more features and is more stable than RC 1.1.

Two thumbs up! :D
trip

Post by trip »

Very nice...
from here the site is lightning fast :-)

The site shows that with a little thought the design can really work in unique ways....

My only suggestion would be to have the flash blue header as a gif/jpeg just in case no one has flash installed....

You can refer them to a page mentioning that they need flash... instead of a blank block

TriP
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Hi Mike,

absolutely great design ! I love the simplicity and elegance of your design. WOW !

It is always a pleasure to see what can be done with phpWCMS.

Keep up the good work.
ParaDroid

knquadrat edv + marketing
http://www.knquadrat.de

phpWCMS Dokumentation | Deutsch | English
micael

Post by micael »

nice update submike,
very clean.
submike

Post by submike »

Ben, thanks for the compliments and letting me know about the layout glitches.

This redesign was a bit rushed, so there were bound to be a couple of errors. I admit I only checked the site out in Mozilla. It should now appear the same across the board (PC - IE, Mozilla, Netscape; MAC - Safari, IE(?), Mozilla(?)).

Trip, thanks for pointing out the flash issue. I need to code a Flash version sniffer into the flash file to check for the Flash 6 plug-in.

I have to run. If anyone has any questions, let me know and I will try to document what I did.

Thanks again for all the compliments and to Oliver Georgi for this great tool.

Mike