Uploaded Images Won't Display in FileBrowser

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
ifrit

Uploaded Images Won't Display in FileBrowser

Post by ifrit »

Uploading through the FTP Upload interface is working for very small (180 bytes) gif or jpg images. Anything too much larger will -show- as present under "file center", but will not show when using the image browser to add to an article/document.

Running PHP 4.3.1 and MySQL 4.1.12 on a Mac running O.S. 10.4.1 (Tiger). Otherwise, phpwcms was a very straight forward install and running well. I've also set the config file to use ImageMagick which is installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JK
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Hi ifrit,

Try to change GD to GD 1 or GD 2 or Imagemagick in conf.template
Otherwise, maybe a cache problem.
See also:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7561
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1009

Cheers
rotte2

I've got the exact same problem

Post by rotte2 »

Hi

I've got the exact same problem. However, I've noticed, that when I'm in the File Manager, and I try to create a thumbnail (edit the image), it 'hangs' when trying to create the thumbnail.

I then tried to manually execute the command that phpwcms execute in the on the that is executed in the /include/inc_lib/imagick.convert.inc.php and that seems to work. Is this a Safe Mode issue not letting phpwcms execute shell commands? :(
ifrit

Have tried GD, GD2 and ImageMagick Settings

Post by ifrit »

Tried every kind of combination I can when it comes to the GD and ImageMagick settings in the conf file. This seems to be a new problem with the latest releases.

I'm stubborn and will keep chipping away at it, hopefully finding a solution.

Thanks for the input!
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

don't think that an bug in the latest release! cos i don't have such trouble!

can you send me an login to the page!? and maybe with an ftp access!?
ifrit

Solved It!

Post by ifrit »

Thanks again for the responses-- was preparing to send a login for ftp into my site, but got to thinking that maybe it was a communications issue between php and gd (gd2)-- I had installed gd2 and darwinports since my original post. Figured I'd give one more shot solo at solving the issue.

Although I had installed a downloaded PHP 4.3 version specifically for Mac OS X (Tiger) a few weeks back, I went ahead and completely removed php, including all subfolders, rather than an install over the existing installation. Re-installed and tested-- this version of php has gd2 set as an active element by default.

Tested and it's now working beautifully. I can upload files, see the thumbnails and browse and add to articles.

Thanks again all-- posting this detailed response in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Jon