i tryed almost all cms,should i stop with pwcms

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
auday

i tryed almost all cms,should i stop with pwcms

Post by auday »

hello guys

few months i am looking for free web cms,yea free because i am not doing bussines yet ..my website is about gaming and like a small gaming community

mambo phpnuke postnuke cutenews cpg cms etomite and so many other cms.

almost all

1 thing i am trying to do and to get, a free templating and free categorising ...
my website will include few games reviews, files,info and so on ...

lets take battlefield 1942 or the new battlefield 2 ,medal of honor,fifa soccer,and few other games. total 6-8 action and sport pc games

so i need homepage with poll,banner rotation,menu on the left or right, i need simple and easy to edit templates or easy templating system

my website should be with menu that include links to categories or the games, so game1 in menu will send ur browser to game1 page,

game1 page get its own menu,news,poll and many other things

same with game2 game3 ...each game is a category

tempalting is not a problem for me if it come to design it with html and change it to php and put few include ('....');
making a unique look s not the problem ..but module posestioning and these stuff is the problem

menu free dom ...like adding my own links ...omg i am confused ..

i know free things not always fit the needs ...but i believe it do a good job ..that s why i dont buy cms ...so dont tell me go buy or recruit a designer

please explain to me more about what to do with wcms and how to be able to edit these things

i will install it now ..so i just need help ...i hope it will be the best for me and stop me from trying each cms i see and i hear of

thanks guys
Carlos Rocha

Post by Carlos Rocha »

Hello Auday,

I'm using phpWCMS and I like it. It's very easy to understand and the community if very helpful (part of the info is in german, tho...)
I think you can do what you need with this cms.

But you should take a look at Mambo too: it has all you are looking for (even a game clan module - but I don't know what it does). There is an extension to Dreamweaver MX that allows you to design the template in a very easy way, if you don't like none of the existing (lots of them with preview). Another good thing for beginners is a free tool to install it in your own disk (Mambo Solutions Alone Server) that includes Apache, php, and MySQL. It's a must :)

Mambo is another level, truly international, but as I said, phpWCMS is easier.
auday

Post by auday »

hi man

thanks for reply

but really it s not easy ..this wcms giving me headache from first day ..after problems with chmod and then now i got problem which s so funny ..no sample/default template ...

so how i am going to see how this wcms work before starting the big work on new template

and these thigns such as repalcement tags will make it diffcult really

i dont know ..seems i am going to try all cms available and then close my site in the end and say " sorry i cant help it"

thanks
Carlos Rocha

Post by Carlos Rocha »

It's not easy to start, but all you need is a litle push to make things clear. I'm not the right man for that, but maybe Pappnase can give you some hints. Meanwhile try the "Tutorials & Documentation" forum.

Good luck