Newbie Needs Guidance

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
azterizk

Newbie Needs Guidance

Post by azterizk »

So far I am just getting into this phpWCMS and liking it. I really like the DIV \ CSS option and getting away from that table dependent template style. I also like the easy way to make a simple template that you can adapt to your own graphics and don't need to know a lot of special coding for the CMS.

However, I have been searching the forums for answers and can't seem to find a concrete solution. On HTMLDOG.com I found the suckerfish use of CSS a tiny Javascript to make a menu system on UL LI that is amazing. (You can find the article here.) Basically I would like to implement this system into the phpWCMS. I was just wondering how I would go about doing that? I have seen some code on here for making DHTML menus. However, I want a menu in the header that is oriented horizontally and has "drop down" sub menus with all that coming from phpWCMS.

Other questions that I have.
1. User login? Other CMS's seems to have a method for users to register and login. My site needs this functionality. Is there something that I am overlooking for this feature or is it a module \ hack? Basically I would like to be able to adminster the users login and what content that they are allowed access to.

I am using release 1.1 RC4.
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

take a look to this Site - here you will find Hacks and Mods for phpwcms and also what you are looking for

--...--/
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
spirelli

Re: Newbie Needs Guidance

Post by spirelli »

azterizk wrote: Other questions that I have.
1. User login? Other CMS's seems to have a method for users to register and login. My site needs this functionality. Is there something that I am overlooking for this feature or is it a module \ hack? Basically I would like to be able to adminster the users login and what content that they are allowed access to.

I am using release 1.1 RC4.
Frontend user login is under development for the new version.
Pease search the forum for more info.