no spaw editor in newsletter 1.2.1

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
cmsler

no spaw editor in newsletter 1.2.1

Post by cmsler »

Hi

After the update, there is no spaw editor in the newsletter for html. It works fine for the articles. I have to say, I had to upload the old spaw from the version 1.1-RC4_2004-08-27, because the new one in 1.2.1 didn't have an upload for images.
I also have a new installation 1.2.1 (no update). There works the (old) spaw editor for articles and the html in the newsletters.

What's wrong in the updated installation?

Thanks, cmsler
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi cmsler,

I think OliG is well aware of the issues of the new Spaw (Beta) that are included with dev releases (119-122). I think he has taken a considerable amount of care with accommodating WYSIWYG editors in general, creating session variables for them and so forth, yet there are internal problems (related to additional configuration issues) to Spaw itself. 122 ships with new script.js.php which strips out absolute URLs, so it is not suggested for newsletters. Also there are platform dependent issues (Linux/Win) that have been documented in the sourceforge forum for Spaw. From what I understand, Oliver has long term plans to offer wcms's owm Wysiwyg editor, working with file manager... for the time being, might be best to go with FCK 2+. I am surprised that you were able to swap old Spaw (RC4) inside 121. I have been unable to get it to work, without throwing an error on page load. Strange that it works for you....hmm.

Cheers.
jsw_nz