Content replacement tag for displaying a specific page???

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Moozie

Content replacement tag for displaying a specific page???

Post by Moozie »

I would like to have a right column with a fixed content. So every page in the site must have that same right column.

I thought I could make a hidden page (eg right_column) in ADMIN so that it will not display in the menu structure. But that the content of this hidden page right_column can be modified in ARTICLE.

But is there a replacement tag to enter in the page setup for that right column that will all time show the content of page right_column? OK I can enter real HTML to that column, but it's more user friendly if I can edit it in ADMIN.

But maybe I missed something and is there allready a replacement tag like:

Code: Select all

{CONTENT: right_column}
Does anybody know?
Pappnase

Re: Content replacement tag for displaying a specific page??

Post by Pappnase »

Moozie wrote:I would like to have a right column with a fixed content. So every page in the site must have that same right column.

I thought I could make a hidden page (eg right_column) in ADMIN so that it will not display in the menu structure. But that the content of this hidden page right_column can be modified in ARTICLE.

But is there a replacement tag to enter in the page setup for that right column that will all time show the content of page right_column? OK I can enter real HTML to that column, but it's more user friendly if I can edit it in ADMIN.

But maybe I missed something and is there allready a replacement tag like:

Does anybody know?
Hello Moozie

i don't know if i'm right. but why you don't create the fixed content in the templates for the right colum!?

Pappnase
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

Because I am setting this cms up for somebody who is not a genius in html. So he can create content for all the pages in ARTICLE and it would be the easiest if he could edit the content for the right column in ARTICLE too. Coding the right column in the template is more difficult for him.

A replacementtag like

or something like that could be eay. And is maybe not so difficult to do for Oliver?
Bijan Hemati

Post by Bijan Hemati »

I would like a simple solution like that as well. :wink:
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Have an idea - but no time at the moment ;-)
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон