phpMyAdmin

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Moozie

phpMyAdmin

Post by Moozie »

I had a version installed 11-1-2004 with the build in phpMyAdmin working.
Then I upgraded it with the version: phpwcms_1.1-RC2_2004-01-11c.tar.gz (the one with the seperate phpMyAdmin). I did not download the phpMyAdmin file because that was installed allready.

But now if I go to ADMIN and then go to phpMyAdmin it directs to the correct path where phpMyAdmin is installed: /httpdocs/phpwcms/include/inc_ext/phpMyAdmin. But I get the message that I have to download phpMyAdmin???

Why isn't it working? I did not change a th9ing to phpMyAdmin. I only updated the seperate file of phpwcms...
DeXXus

Re: phpMyAdmin

Post by DeXXus »

Moozie wrote:I had a version installed 11-1-2004 with the build in phpMyAdmin working.
Then I upgraded it with the version: phpwcms_1.1-RC2_2004-01-11c.tar.gz (the one with the seperate phpMyAdmin). I did not download the phpMyAdmin file because that was installed allready.

But now if I go to ADMIN and then go to phpMyAdmin it directs to the correct path where phpMyAdmin is installed: /httpdocs/phpwcms/include/inc_ext/phpMyAdmin. But I get the message that I have to download phpMyAdmin???

Why isn't it working? I did not change a th9ing to phpMyAdmin. I only updated the seperate file of phpwcms...
I can confirm that the ".ZIP" version does not exhibit this symptom:

phpwcms_1.1-RC2_2004-01-11c.zip
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

The core package does not contain phpMyAdmin anymore. It is available as separate file only. You can change that file there to set a redirect link to your own phpMyAdmin installation or download the phpwcms phpMyAdmin extension.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

I think (correct me if I'm wrong Oliver & co) that the phpmyadmin downloaded with phpwcms is a slim version with some changes.
I assume this as I will only link to the phpwcms database and noe of the others I use (witch is a very good thing too).

FYI: I aslo get the missing _db error that others are repoting too. :(
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

No it's no slim phpMyAdmin version - but limited to phpwcms related things only (phpwcms db visible only).

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

:)
so we could (should) use any installation of phpMyAdmin and as long as the path's are fine it should work WITH the security benefits of phpwcms?
i.e. only logged in users can view/edit with phpMyAdmin?
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

Code: Select all

You can change that file there to set a redirect link to your own phpMyAdmin installation or download the phpwcms phpMyAdmin extension. 
But I link tot the phpMyAdmin within the inc dir of phpwcms. It worked but with the update version it doesn't work anymore. Still there is a phpMyAdmin installed in that inc dir?