what is it?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Sc@zy

what is it?

Post by Sc@zy »

PLEASE HELP!!!

file categories and file center what is it?

What is file key name and where it to use?

TEST PAGE: http://mule.sand.uz/index.php
(view source code)

.... <body background="bg_main.gif" .......

If I used file categories and file center have filled a picture on a server.

How me her to use for a background?
And how to insert on page this image?

thanks...
Last edited by Sc@zy on Thu 4. Nov 2004, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

did you read this!? maybe it helps you :?:

http://docu.fhss.de/index.php?File_Administration
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

File Centre
you can upload the pictures you want to use on your website here. You can also upload any other files that you can have there for storage or have on your site for visitors to download. You can search/view/download all public files here. More...

File Categories
These you can create in the admin section. When you then upload a file in the file centre the categories appear in the 'Keyword' section. Try it out. Basically, you can choose for the same type of files a keyword (kategory) from a dropdown. Later you are able to search for this secific keyword and it will bring up all the files in this 'category' (the ones to which you applied the keyword to).

file key name
no idea, where have you got this from? Or do you mean 'Keywords'?

insert an image on the page
http://docu.fhss.de/images.phtml
http://docu.fhss.de/text_with_image.phtml

use image as background
As far as I can see, you have to write your own HTML and paste it into your template or the HTML content part.
Last edited by spirelli on Thu 4. Nov 2004, 21:40, edited 3 times in total.
Sc@zy

thanks....

Post by Sc@zy »

ok, thanks....
Stim

Post by Stim »

spirelli wrote:File Centre
you can upload the pictures you want to use on your website here. You can also upload any other files that you can have there for storage or have on your site for visitors to download. You can search/view/download all public files here. More...

File Categories
These you can create in the admin section. When you then upload a file in the file centre the categories appear in the 'Keyword' section. Try it out. Basically, you can choose for the same type of files a keyword (kategory) from a dropdown. Later you are able to search for this secific keyword and it will bring up all the files in this 'category' (the ones to which you applied the keyword to).

I really don’t understand this and only seems to be pointless for me, and as I understands its very mush work for as I understand just for Keywords and to search for images?

I created “test categories” in admin > file Categories, and upload images in file centre, (to other categories in file centre because "test categories" I made in admin > File Categories, not shows in file centre).

I am really confused about this and I also don’t really understand why “File Categories”, and “Keywords” do in the admin area and not in the File section instead.

Please help me to understand this because I am really really confused about this
Stim

Post by Stim »

Sorry for earlier post. Had a bad days but im still confused :lol: Perhaps someone can explain more about this stuff anyway so i understand litle more and better about it
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

In the admin section go to > file categories and then click + create new file category. Give it a name and tick the active box. This will then appear as soon as you click create.

Then, in the same screen click + on the right hand side of your new item and add a file key name. Click create. Repeat this to add several file key name to your item.

Then go into the File section, and when you upload a file you will see a drop-down menu from which you can choose a file key name for this file. Once this file is uploaded you will be able to find it by going to the search in the File section by tuping the file key name into the search box. If you have several files that the same file key name was assigned to all of them will come up when you search for it.

This works in effect like categories, although what you choose from the drop-down is added as key words. I must admit that this is all not very well thought out in terms naming. It's not very intuitive. I hope this makes a bit more understandable for you.

I never really use that function and it seems to me that this only is really nessecary to use if there is a really large collection of files. Otherwise I think that using folders is a better way to categorise your pictures and files.
Stim

Post by Stim »

Thanks for help spirelli!

Now I think I understand, well better anyway then before. But I don’t think this stuff its so use full to use. Maybe if there are lots of images to specific to some category! I don’t know!!

Anyway im still confused about “Keywords” link, under that “file Categories” link in admin. I tried to add some keywords in there, but… :!: then I could remove it after that