program can't find pictures

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
oldfolk

program can't find pictures

Post by oldfolk »

When putting content into summary and I click on the open image browser button, all I get is no image and no folders.

I have tried putting the images into content/images (chmod 777) and I tried putting them into picture/ (chmod 777) but still they don't show up

I've checked the posts on the subject and believe I have done everythnig that was suggested but still no luck.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on this.....PLEASE....as I am at a loss.

Release 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004 with p1 thru p4 installed on apache linux
TAOG

Post by TAOG »

4 using the image browser u must upload it in the file sektion. putting in content folder doesn't work. the cms put it into it.
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

do you mean I need to upload images into a folder (numbered 1 to 10) in /phpwcms_filestorage/?

And if I use the ftp takeover within the program to upload images then it would go into content/images?
TAOG

Post by TAOG »

oldfolk wrote:do you mean I need to upload images into a folder (numbered 1 to 10) in /phpwcms_filestorage/?
don't do that!!
And if I use the ftp takeover within the program to upload images then it would go into content/images?
yes thats right. u have also an icon in file section to make a browser file upload. plz refer the dokumentation for more explain of this.

look at this site http://docu.fhss.de/english_version.phtml it would u help i know :) it helps me also a lot to understand :D
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

thankx - I had read that whole manual thru, but didn't find anything explaining the connection between using images and using the file manage.

I take then that the only way to have images show in the image browser is to have the program upload them.

Well I guess I will have to re-upload a bunch of images then, as I am doing this for someone else and they will need to be able to use this feature.

again thanx a lot -you've been most helpful :!: