Guestbook modification? should be simple

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
jeroen

Guestbook modification? should be simple

Post by jeroen »

Hello, I had some trouble with the guestbook of the latest version. Oliver Georgi made some extra files and it works! (thanks Oliver!) Still, I have a problem with modification. I changed the default.html in my language but it doesn't give any changes in the guestbook. Then I thought: perhaps there's another default.html , there must be! I used the search function in XP but there's only 1 default.html Where can I change this thing! I think everybody will say: phpwcms_template\inc_cntpart\guestbook\default.html Well I changed that and if I click on it I see the Guestbook I would like to have. Still the predifined guestbook appears in my application. What to do now?

Greetings, Jeroen :?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please try it to open in an html editor! and look also to it in your browser then all fields would explain!
jeroen

Post by jeroen »

Hi Pappnase, I edited the default and it looks o.k. in the browser if I start it form Dreamweaver but .... Once used in the frontend of phpwcms application
the unedited guestbook (default.html) is shown. Incredible isn't it? So as I said before I looked if there was another default.html in this application but there isn't. This is really a mystery to me.

Do you have any clue??

Thanks, Jeroen
ondergang

Post by ondergang »

I have exact the same problem :? i even removed the guetsbook dir phpwcms_template\inc_cntpart\guestbook still i get to see the default.html :?:
argos

Post by argos »

Weird, I changed the file and it appears just like that in my browser. PM me if you want the code.
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl
jeroen

Guestbook Problem solved

Post by jeroen »

Hi Guys, I think the whole problem is the development enviroment in my case. We moved the site to a linux server on another location and everything I changed in the guestbook and didn't see on my own pc (windows xp prof) is now viewable! So there mus be something wrong on my pc. My advice: upload your site and see what happens. Perhaps xp is not the best enviroment to work on with phpwcms.

Cheers, Jeroen
TAOG

Post by TAOG »

it is the cache in your browser. the doesn't check that u made changes.
jeroen

cache?

Post by jeroen »

No, in my case it's not true. I checked that. It's probably a case of wrong paths but very hard to check if other things do work.

Jeroen
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

there is NO difference between Linux and XP - the development is done on XP. So maybe you have a path problem or something like that.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон