stange backend language mistakes

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
jeroen

stange backend language mistakes

Post by jeroen »

Hello,

We uploaded the app. to a Linux server. Everything works fabulous but.. The backend interface shows strange language. I will expliane, everything is in dutch but in a normal word you see sometimes chinese characters. This happens if this word has special characters like ë or ö. So its readeble most of the time but itshows messy. I looked at the html code in the browser and that looks o.k.
Can anyone help me with this one?
Thanks!
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

check your browser charset settings, or you changed the lang settings in phpwcms!
jeroen

language problem

Post by jeroen »

Well actually it's not a question of wrong language but bad spell something like roman letters and chinese figures so it's like it's mixing Dutch words with a whole other language. I'm not able to check the php documents right now because my friend has the server running locally and he has shut it down for the moment but I advised him to check on include/inc_lang/backend/nl/lang.inc. Don't you think that's a wise idea?

Have a nice evening,
Jeroen
argos

Post by argos »

Hi Jeroen,

I worked on the last version of the Dutch file and I must say that I don't see any errors or strange characters in the file or in the backend. The last site I made with phpwcms I just downloaded the lastest version from the net and installed it the way it came. It is looking fine. I guess it must be something local then. Can you say where you see these characters? Or show a screendump?

Regards,
Jurgen
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello jeroen

then please upload the lang folder again! maybe an problem whlie you upload all!

and thanks to arghos for testing!
jeroen

We'll do!

Post by jeroen »

Thanks Oliver, I will ask my friend to do so, If succesfull I will let you know. Thanks a mill! :D
Joost

Not realy a mixup of languages

Post by Joost »

:roll: Hi Guys,

My first post here. I'm the owner of the server Jeroen spoke about. I tested several browsers and noticed that only MSIE 6 gives Chinese chars. I think the problem is related to translation of international chars. When I first opened the lang file for the Dutch language I saw coded chars instead of é or ë. when I replaced these with the right chars they where still not well presented by the browsers. Jeroen and I also noticed that an html formatted page with the EURO symbol wasn't displaying the symbol but just a space. It turned out that the EURO symbol was replaced bij a code. When replaced by a € everything was normal again. On another Fedora Core 2 machine I have the same problems (both are cleanly installed systems). I will however replace the lang directory on short notice, and come back on this with the results.