space between articles using {RELATED} and ArticleList color

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
antonis

space between articles using {RELATED} and ArticleList color

Post by antonis »

Dear all,
my version is: rc4 (8-Jun-04)

1. I am using {RELATED:5:XXX} tag. I would like to have some space (seperation) between the article links. They look a bit confusing when they are all stuck together like that... Also, is it possible to have the Artilce Date in front of each article link, using the RELATED tag?

2. I 've been trying to change the color of the article title (frontend.css) in Article Listing in one of my categories. Although I am able to change the size & color of the summary fonts (using .articleList_toptext), it seems impossible to change the color of Article Title.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

check conf.template_default.inc.php.

Article color can be changed by using CSS - but remember possible link colors too.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
antonis

Post by antonis »

Thanks very much Oliver!

1. The first issue (spacing between RELATED article's links) is solved! :lol:

2. My secind problem with the font colors was a quite tricky one!!! I don't know wheter it is my fault or if there is abug in the script... :?
I was using an external PHP file {PHP:my_external.php} as footer, with its own style class for font colors, links (grey) etc. So, the script was using that external php file's style...!
Strange huh? :?
Instead of using a style class in my external PHP, I used simple <font> tags to format its content. Now it's perfect! :lol:

Finally, the only issue that still remains is how to have the {DATE_ARTICLE} infront of every RELATED article.
I tried changing conf.template_default.inc.php, but without any luck... :cry:

Any suggestions???
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

antonis wrote: Finally, the only issue that still remains is how to have the {DATE_ARTICLE} infront of every RELATED article.
I tried changing conf.template_default.inc.php, but without any luck... :cry:

Any suggestions???
Hello

i think that this is not possible! cos you only can use the article date in the template for articles! not together with the related tag.
Gelmir

Post by Gelmir »

I was looking also for a possibility to show the article date when I use {RELATED}. This would be very handy so I can show only recent news post, and no updates on my website.

So is there really no way to show the date when using {RELATED}?