Page depth limit ?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
mark@magicomm

Page depth limit ?

Post by mark@magicomm »

We have a client who claims they reach a point in their site where they can no longer add more content on a page (article). When they do it gets truncated. I looked around in the code, but don't see any page depth limitations on the template or in CSS. Is there someplace else where there is some parameter setting maximum page height? They are adding multiple tables and they are stacked on top of each other, but I don't see any reason why that would limit the page from continuing to expand automatically to support all the content.
Thoughts?
update

Re: Page depth limit ?

Post by update »

Don't scroll, baby! That's been years ago but still it is a sign of mannerless behavior to let people scroll endlessly. Why not break pages into parts by pagination? Anyway - it seems to be a restriction by database/table settings...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Page depth limit ?

Post by Oliver Georgi »

There is no limit. But it might be that PHP memory is too low and this can result in such. Maybe while creating all content parts there is a html bug which stops displaying as expected.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон