my project(s)

discuss about sites that are just under construction or where experimental stuff is used
gogoguerilla

my project(s)

Post by gogoguerilla »

I'm working on: http://www.myhomegateway.com/index.php currently.

It's totally in construction mode (and is not yet launched) but mostly in the finishing stages. I'm currently looking for some php/mySQL scripts that will allow me to post "upcoming events" and have front end logins. any suggestions?

Also, I'm having a problem with gaps in the layout described here: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1712

Ideally, this will be the first of 4 sites all using the same layout - but w/ different color schemes and mostly different content. The sites will all be somewhat interconnected as they are different programs/companies/agencies that work collaboratively.

I'm excited about using phpWCMS - but will be more so when some of the features I need (and will need to get 3rd party) will be included in the full version.

Yay, Oliver!
vvo

Post by vvo »

Hi,
Nice site :D

Abou the 'upcoming events' script! Why not use wcms?
I have something similar and I have defined a category which is visible but not public. Editors will put events with start & enddate plus a keyword 'event'. In the template the replacement tag {NEWS:5:event} is used. This way it will show the latest 5 articles with the keyword 'event'.

Because the category is not made public it isn't shown in the menu structure.

Greetz,

Johan.
gogoguerilla

Post by gogoguerilla »

Johan,

I'm not quite sure I follow... What is the NEWS replacement tag - I've never heard it mentioned before.

Here's clarification on exactly what I need:

The company holds seminars for people to attend. I need to be able to have a user click on the upcoming event and actually register for it online (or at least fill out a form that'll shoot off an email to someone). If what you mentioned will work, then great; however, I still need some info on what exactly the NEWS tag is and if it works in the header.

Thanks!
vvo

Post by vvo »

Sorry it's not NEWS but the RELATED tag.
So it show's the articles related to the given keyword.

Johan.
gogoguerilla

Re:

Post by gogoguerilla »

OK, cool... but would the user be able to click the item and be taken to a registration form or something of the sort?

Thanks, again. :)
vvo

Post by vvo »

Yes, it's just an article in a category ...so you can make an email form or what so ever within wcms.

Johan.

PS. When our project site is in final stage I will post an URL.
gogoguerilla

Post by gogoguerilla »

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the suggestion... it will help a bunch (and so much easier than I had thought it would be)

8)