deleting of articles

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
ruben

deleting of articles

Post by ruben »

when login in as standard webmaster, then create an article, then create a new admin called for example newadmin, then delete the first webmaster admin account.

now im not able to delete the article that this webmaster admin (who doesn't exist anymore) created.

I also suggest that the Admin should be able to delete everything he wants.

ruben
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

That is no bug - it's a feature ;-)

The admin exists - in phpwcms NOTHING is deleted. Every "deleted" is set to trashed in db.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
ruben

Post by ruben »

so you say that i would be able to put back that old (webmaster admin) , login with that account and than delete (trash) those articles? How can i delete/trash certain articles when i don't have access to them as admin?

ruben
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Sorry, at the moment only the user who created the article can delete this article. But this is something that will changed as soon as possible.

Oliver
ruben

Post by ruben »

but like i said in my first post, that user (admin) doesn't exist anymore, what now?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Bring'em back. It is very old function ;-)

Open the user db table - there you will find deleted users with "usr_aktiv"=9. Make this 1 again and change also user login and password for your needs. It is the only way to bring a user back at the moment.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Do you use phpMyAdmin for access the mysql db?

Then choose function "PASSWORD" when updating. You can also copy your own password from entry in db and copy it there (without function "PASSWORD").

Oliver
ruben

Post by ruben »

hihi, just deleted the post before you anwsered :) thanks anyway it's fixed, gotta hit the bed (pretty early this time).