Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
bartve

Post by bartve »

It has been a long time since I observed such a demonstration of patience by a large community, but I can't stand it anymore! For almost a year I've been waiting for version 2 of phpWCMS to be released and I'm about to loose my religion. I know, it is open source being developed by a genius all by himself on his own, but I would like to apply this system in a educationel environment and I am very afraid to invest a lot of time and effort now, with the possibility of an entirely new version lingering around the corner. Meaning a lot of time and effort again for adapting to the new version.
Let's face it: in a professional environmentit is necessary to plan ahead and with the way it is going now with phpWCMS just that is nearly impossible. There has been no information at all for almost a year of progress being made and that has brought me on the brink of a nervous breakdown (well, almost ;-).
I just would like to know how things are going and a rough estimate of when the new version will be available, sharp deadlines (like Christmas ;-) is not what I'm asking for, just the general status and direction of development.
Just because I like phpWCMS very much and I am concerned for the future of the system ...
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

Hi bartve :wink:

Have you heard about WHM Autopilot professional gear
for Web Hosters...? Probably. In any case, the version 3 of
this commercial solution has been promissed for over
two years now
. I first bought a V2 licence in 2003 and still
waiting for the V3... :roll: The V2 is of no use to me since it
does not support the complicated double tax scheme we
have here in Canada. Realized it afterward :wink:
My problem :wink:

Anyhow... I don't know if you tried PhpWCMS in it's
current 1.2.5 DEV version..? But... it really IS a time saver.
With the content anywhere concept and the
content part alias... Look at content part alias as
components you edit at one single place in your site,
and that you use and re-use and even... abuse, :P
all over you site ;)

Oh I am telling you... it's really worth it!

I've been personnaly working a while with Mambo and besides
all the Bells and Whistle, it is so much less flexible in terms of skinning.
Not the same philosophy behind it.

Again: As I wrote before, somewhere on my site:
PhpWCMS: THE one and only Design oriented,
Ultimate CMS out there!

PhpWCMS is an extremely well crafted CMS.
My favorite out there! Oliver Georgi did an
unbeleivable job designing and coding it.
It is very user friendly and yet... very powerfull and...
not to forget: Open Source.
I seen and tested so many CMS during the last few years....
PhpWCMS IS The Ultimate Solution.
A true CMS designed by a Geek Web / Graphic Designer
for... Web / Graphic Designers...
Just be a little more patient... something is coming...
Can't say more than that for now... :wink:

Cheers,
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hello :D

Tere is a little risk with my post, that Mr. StudioCanada is once again laughing about me :lol:

But: Why do you guys post such angry things? Since a long time this (again THIS) phpwcms system is the one and only for me that makes it possible to transport informations! All the folks inside here do a super job! Never seen that in any other place. And if it takes annother 10 years, i'll standby! This is my erveryday visit to this forum.

More: When looking inside here, i can find inspiration for my own no-money jobs ! This cms brought a number of former inhabitants of a small village after 60 years together, because it helped me to build up a complete documentation of the village witch does not exist anymore.

Yes, besides i am waiting for frontend login .. and and and ... but all the time happy with all the parts realized!

For shure! This phpwcms will discover the world.

Thank you ! (at least)
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

Hi DF6IH ;)

I appreciate this positeveness.
You sure have a good sense of poetry 8)
DF6IH wrote:...
Tere is a little risk with my post, that Mr. StudioCanada is once again laughing about me :lol:

You sure made me have a good smile with your:
Mr. StudioCanada :wink:
You're a creator aren't you...? :wink:

Cheers,
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
shocktone

Post by shocktone »

I have to agree with bartve. Of course Oliver did a great job.
I really wanted to stick to phpwcms cause I like the concept.

But I finally changed to typo3 for big projects and DeDi for small projects.
There is a very active communtiy and developers in both projects. Of course typo3 is something else. But DeDi is comparable to phpwmcs in terms of size.
Certain things are discussed in the forum and most times they are implemented in the system a few month later.
On the long run, I need this kind of support. Its a pitty that Oliver is so busy at the moment. But I think you have to accept it.

Greetings Jens.