Firefox Extension Web Developer

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
azterizk

Firefox Extension Web Developer

Post by azterizk »

If you use Firefox I REALLY recommend getting Web Developer Extension available from http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/. You may have to click the link a couple times to actually get it to install instead of trying to download the XPI for some reason.

With this extension you can dynamically edit the CSS files on the fly and save changes. Type in the change and hit enter for new line and BAM! the change is made. AWESOME! Plus, you can set your window to 800 x 600 or any other custom window size to see what your site looks like at that setting. Anyway, something I really find useful in developing sites.

All the tools are available in a toolbar in Firefox to help you analyze and develop your site. It really has cut down on my development time and really sped up conceptualizing a page.

Good luck!
trip

Post by trip »

Hi
just installed this...
but its not compaitable with FF 1.0.3 :-(

sent an email to the developer waiting for feedback....

best to download it and then follow the install instructions
http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/w ... installing
if you are having problems
azterizk

Really?

Post by azterizk »

This is odd. I have 1.0.3 and it works just fine. On three different computers with that installation. Are you sure you got the latest version from his website?? Well post whatever resolution to it you have and exactly what the problem is.
trip

Post by trip »

mmm, its all sorted out now

:-)
works like a bomb

TriP