phpMyAdmin 2004-01-11

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
DeXXus

Re: phpMyAdmin 2004-01-11

Post by DeXXus »

cguenther wrote:After the update to 2004-01-11 the included phpMyAdmin dosent work anymore.

I can open the phpMyAdmin in the seperate browserwindow. But if i choose any of the phpwcms_tables i always get the error: "tbl_properties_structure.php: Missing db"

With an "normal" non-included phpMyAdmin-Version works.
So then ~this~ should solve it, YES -or- NO??
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

oh, i don't know I'm way to tired to care to.nig..h....t...zzzz....
i shall look in the morning. ;)
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

The following code change will get rid of this error:
tbl_properties_structure.php: Missing db

*EDITED* to remove wrong information
Last edited by DeXXus on Sat 12. Jun 2004, 07:25, edited 3 times in total.
colech

Post by colech »

I really don't think there's anything wrong with my config.inc.php as far as I can tell... and I'm not using any extended features. I placed phpmyadmin in include/inc_ext/phpMyAdmin. Anyone have more pointers?

Here's the code from config.inc.php:

Code: Select all

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri']              = 'http://url_of_website/include/inc_ext/phpMyAdmin/';
$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri_DisableWarning'] = FALSE;
$cfg['PmaNoRelation_DisableWarning']  = FALSE;
$cfg['blowfish_secret']              = '****';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host']          = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port']          = '';          // MySQL port - leave blank for default port
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket']        = '';          // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type']  = 'tcp';       // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress']      = FALSE;       // Use compressed protocol for the MySQL connection
                                                    // (requires PHP >= 4.3.0)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser']   = '****';  // MySQL control user settings
                                                    // (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass']   = '****';// access to the "mysql/user"
                                                    // and "mysql/db" tables).
                                                    // The controluser is also
                                                    // used for all relational
                                                    // features (pmadb)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'cookie';     // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'root';      // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = '';          // MySQL password (only needed
                                                    // with 'config' auth_type)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['only_db']       = '****';          // If set to a db-name, only
                                                    // this db is displayed in left frame
                                                    // It may also be an array of db-names, where sorting order is relevant.
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}
// Check out our web development company!
// "Your business has character... don't hide it!"
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

"config.inc.php" was not at fault.
See my post above for the solution.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

DeXXus wrote:"config.inc.php" was not at fault.
See my post above for the solution.
hello dex

i will test your post later! and if this would work! then you have a beer for free!!! but you need to visit berlin! :lol:
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Pappnase wrote:hello dex

i will test your post later! and if this would work! then you have a beer for free!!! but you need to visit berlin! :lol:
Thanks for the invite. I'm sure I would LOVE that. Some ~Real~ BIER :twisted:

Please do confirm. I went through the process of installing the phpMyAdmin "archive" from our phpWCMS Sourceforge files and confirmed the error, then after the "edit"... the error was onscreen no more :wink:
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

DeXXus wrote:
Pappnase wrote:hello dex

Thanks for the invite. I'm sure I would LOVE that. Some ~Real~ BIER :twisted:

Please do confirm. I went through the process of installing the phpMyAdmin "archive" from our phpWCMS Sourceforge files and confirmed the error, then after the "edit"... the error was onscreen no more :wink:
hello dex

sorry i can't confirm, i replace the 3 lines! but still the same error. but if you come you get a REAL Beer don't worry! :wink: :lol:
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Hmmm, you're right :shock:
Now, I've gotta "backtrack" and remember all that I did. Somewhere in my "messing around" I was sure I had it nailed. Disregard, for now, any *BABBLING* that I did :roll:
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I have these problems too ;-)

So it is on the ToDo.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
colech

Post by colech »

It isn't imparitive that it works since we can all use phpMyAdmin separately... but it's a great idea to have it tied into the backend to save time! I will wait then for the it to be fixed in the next release or whenever you get around to it Oliver. If I figure out why it's not working then I will post here ASAP. Later!
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}
colech

Post by colech »

DeXXus wrote:Hmmm, you're right :shock:
Now, I've gotta "backtrack" and remember all that I did. Somewhere in my "messing around" I was sure I had it nailed. Disregard, for now, any *BABBLING* that I did :roll:
Sooo... you remember what you did yet DeXXus? Just curious?!?
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

colech wrote:
DeXXus wrote:Hmmm, you're right :shock:
Sooo... you remember what you did yet DeXXus? Just curious?!?
HeHe... NOPE :(
The problem seems to be obvious that mySQL table privileges are not being granted to Oliver's code in "config.inc.developer.php" (through phpMyAdmin).

I still ain't sure how I got off track, but I ~may~ have "commented" out all but the include statement and forgot to "uncomment" it after messing around in other files :oops: Or SOMETHING like that... I'm positive it was human error :wink:

If this is something that you -=need=- for mere "functional" purpose:

You ~can~ forego logging and security and such. If you know how to setup phpMyAdmin's "config.inc.php" ...you can do -that- and just delete (or rename) "config.inc.developer.php" until such time as an alternative solution arrives.

=Or= edit "config.inc.developer.php" by "commenting out" all "active" lines of code (those without "//" in front) from line 15 -to- line 64 EXCEPT line 29:

Code: Select all

29   include ("../../inc_conf/conf.inc.php");
I've not been able to determine why mySQL is not granting the structure rights to the database. It has a several stages of access checking and granting and must come upon one of Oliver's database commands and "silently" deprecates the privilege.
Last edited by DeXXus on Mon 14. Jun 2004, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

This might result in security problems. So be warned!

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
colech

Post by colech »

Thankyou for the tip DeXXus... and also for the security warning OG. I may play with it like you mentioned just to see how it works on one of my non-public/production sites.
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}