LucidCMS

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
joransrb

LucidCMS

Post by joransrb »

Hi!

Just found a CMS called LucidCMS:
http://www.lucidcms.net/
http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?opti ... iew&id=507

And I must say, it got some nice features, which I miss / hope will come in phpwcms wich is still the best CMS in my eyes :):):)
isac

Post by isac »

Looks very nice and simple no manage.
Thanks
cyaneo

Post by cyaneo »

And I must say, it got some nice features, which I miss / hope will come in phpwcms wich is still the best CMS in my eyes
What features do you exactly mean?
Gruss
cyaneo
Zen Cart - The Art of e-Commerce

Wenn jeder dem anderen helfen wollte, wäre allen geholfen.
-------------------------------------------
Ein Problem ist halb gelöst, wenn es klar formuliert ist.
Carlos Rocha

Post by Carlos Rocha »

It seems an alpha version, and I believe phpWCMS is better, but...I also believe that it's targeted for an international comunity, and phpWCMS is not
joransrb

Post by joransrb »

The "Site Information" feature on the start page, with stats a.s.o...
The way the plugin manager works...
and the archive function...

thats basicly it...

but phpwcms is still the best :)

Keep it up OG :)
cyaneo

Post by cyaneo »

Hmm - what is "better"?

I use MD-Pro for my community site and phpWCMS for the rest.
Why?
Cause phpWCMS fits not for a community site (and I hope, it will never)
and MD-Pro is not the best for fast, lightweight and easy to manage websites... :wink:
Gruss
cyaneo
Zen Cart - The Art of e-Commerce

Wenn jeder dem anderen helfen wollte, wäre allen geholfen.
-------------------------------------------
Ein Problem ist halb gelöst, wenn es klar formuliert ist.
rtilghman

Post by rtilghman »

Lucid CMS is a MUCH smaller CMS than phpwcms. I reviewed it when I was looking for a manageable CMS for small websites, and I dismissed it for this reason.

First off it doesn't have support for any of the keywording, etc. However, most important it doesn't support reusable content types or the idea of a content/article object composed of multiple content pieces.

If you have a REALLY basic site thats just one piece of content per page with no real demands its great. If you need anything more its inadequate.

As for the plug-in system, this is a specific shortcoming of phpwcms. The reason many other programs have an easier time is that they use things like Smarty for the template engine, and the module/plug-in system for Smarty is very well implmented.

=rt
Gnolen

Post by Gnolen »

Tried it and it is small but much more user friendly. Not these mini button without any text as in phpwcms. Also the user admin is good as well as the plugins...I was driven to look around in the CMS sea again after looking at this CMS and I found a great looking one http://www.magnolia.info/ not as a competitor to phpwcms but just a nice looking easy to use one...

/ Gnolen
rtilghman

Post by rtilghman »

Magnolia is interesting. However, its important to note two things about it:

1. Its J2EE

2. It uses JCR (java content repository)

J2EE is all nice and cool, but it tends to be slow. It also tends to be more complicated than PHP based solutions, has a more limited development community (than PHP based CMSs), and requires more expensive and dedicated hosting which smaller websites probably won't be able or willing to afford.

As for JCR - which is a Java database - its not only fairly new and still quirky but, again, has only a limited number of hosts. At least there are FAR fewer hosts who will support than with MySQL, meaning again you'll have to pay a lot more to use it or run your own box.

I agree, very cool, but a different breed of CMS than phpwCMS and a much more complex and expensive option.

-rt