Upgrade - New Install?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Schnoof

Upgrade - New Install?

Post by Schnoof »

I try to upgrade the phpwcms. I did backup the old version, unzipped the new version, I replaced the files I had changed before.

So I followed the instructions but whenever I try to start the setup/upgrade.php I get the dbdown.php with the message:
new phpwcms install?

Don't forget to move setup/setup.conf.inc.php
to include/inc_conf/conf.inc.php.
What's wrong? Has anybody any hints for me?

Thanks
Schnoof
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

check you database settings!

in config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php
Schnoof

Post by Schnoof »

Thank you!

Now it basically works but it shows php error messages every time. When I look at the start screen it shows the following messages:
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms_template/inc_script/frontend_init (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 902

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms_template/inc_script/frontend_render (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 902
Beyond this, my site is shown but without CSS formatting.

After the login I can read the following:
Warning: main(/srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms.php on line 412

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /srv/www/htdocs/phpwcms/phpwcms.php on line 412
I can open all articles but editing fails ...

What's up now?

Thanks and best regards
Schnoof
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please also check you permissions!

http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml
Schnoof

Post by Schnoof »

It's done, parts of it even less restrictive, because the CSS file still couldn't be loaded. Now everything is shown correctly but still I cannot edit articles or upload images.
error while updating cache
or
error while insert file information
I guess it's still a permission problem, but I don't know which folders/files to set ...

Thanks and best regards
Schnoof
Schnoof

Post by Schnoof »

PS: I noticed that editing of the articles works although this error message is shown. But I really cannot upload images.